Art of War Sun Tzu

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Art of War Sun Tzu

Post by stealththief » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm reading this right now and it's not bad at all. The ideas can be applied to NO (or anything ever remotely martial). It's interesting, but also practical. I recommend you guys check it out if you're big planners, tacticians or strategist. Overall worth the read even with NO aside. Real easy to find for free or in paper.

Code: Select all

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=iw8&q=art+of+war+sun+tzu+pdf&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Legend

Re: Art of War Sun Tzu

Post by Legend » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:38 pm

I've read Thomas Cleary's translation which has his introduction and comments from historical Chinese figures on the Art of War. It is is very useful for general conflict.
Last edited by Legend on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who dares wins!

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:41 pm

I have a copy on my hard drive but have never got round to reading it, I will eventually.
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:33 am

Finished reading it, twice. Very well written, the principles can be applied to many many things.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

nooner

Post by nooner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:12 am

Excellent book. here's a PDF for anyone looking:

Code: Select all

http://manybooks.net/titles/tzusun132132.html
Eat your veggies...