Parkour Documentary

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Parkour Documentary

Post by stealththief » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:10 am

This is a good documentary on parkour I found. It explains what parkour is, it's history and also the obstacles that the discipline faces. I know some of you want to start parkour or already train so thought I'd share my find.

Code: Select all

http://www.pointbmovie.com/Watch.html
Enjoy

Secant
Admin

Re: Parkour Documentary

Post by Secant » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Just finished watching that, really cool.

It's intriguing to see the philosophical differences between parkour and freerunning - it's like night ops and black ops. The same skill set is demanded by the circumstances, but the ways in which the skills are applied differ.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:31 am

Yea that's a good way to look at it. I never thought of it that way.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Wow that documentary made me feel like a pussy for not doing parkour. I'll be doing a lot this summer then.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:44 am

Glad I got you motivated to take up parkour. It's great times and will improve your night ops a lot.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:41 pm

29:00 = A real night op to me. ("Derby Rooftop Mission")

Spot on, well executed - albeit disappointed with the finish. (Coming down so close to the van!)
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:01 am

Moddy wrote:29:00 = A real night op to me. ("Derby Rooftop Mission")

Spot on, well executed - albeit disappointed with the finish. (Coming down so close to the van!)
I didn''t think but you're right, just exploring like us, at night by stealth (through parkour), similar to my roof ops. I wish the architecture here was like theirs.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 pm

stealththief wrote:
Moddy wrote:29:00 = A real night op to me. ("Derby Rooftop Mission")

I didn''t think but you're right, just exploring like us, at night by stealth (through parkour), similar to my roof ops. I wish the architecture here was like theirs.
Yeah, I had an old industrial complex that was perfect for practicing roof top stuff. The rooftops they were training on in the video reminds me of it. Then they decided to knock the complex down - only took the roofs off and the asbestos out when the money ran out for the project. (Recession..) So the most useful bit about the place has now gone. :roll:

When I was hanging around with a group of guys locally who did parkour, I spent a lot of time on the roof tops in the local town center. On top of the post office, shops and flats. Was really nice - but only about 2 or 3 stories high. I'd really like something a bit higher.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."