Why do we op?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Why do we op?

Post by stealththief » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:51 am

I remember this thread from the old forum. Each of us picking our minds to find out why we do it. Why do you op? Night or black?

I personally starting opping for fun and because I've always been interested in stealth. After taking up ninjutsu, it became a ninja training test of sorts. I like the feeling of knowing that I'm invisible, people can be right next to me and not know I'm present, and that I can explore places most people never get a chance to see.

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:14 pm

I've always been interested for stealth so it's kinda a natural progression from there, also love the feeling of seeing, hearing and knowing everything someone is doing and in their minds you don't even exist.

Black ops I only do occasionaly when I want to get at someone or I know there is something I want. Although a routine night op did once turn black because I was hungry, lol. :P
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

dfnd

Re: Why do we op?

Post by dfnd » Sat May 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Its the freedom from the crappy existence that most people live. The Whole idea of being able to do what "Normal" people cant do is what entices me i suppose.
Peace and War, like Yin and Yang...Cant have one with out the other.

Beathe...Take in the sights sounds and smells...Your free now.

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Tue May 26, 2009 4:29 am

We are a special breed of people. We need that extra... "danger" in our lives that just following the same mundane schedule of work, eat, sleep, eat, and repeat can't possibly provide us. We are more in touch with our primal instincts and we feel the need for the stress of being hunted while hunting at the same time that used to give our earliest relatives the motivation to keep going through every possible peril that they could face. The need... the addiction almost outweighs the possibility of jail in the same way that a heroin addict doesn't care that he or she is killing him or herself just to get that high. What we do is much the same. Some of us chase the 'high' from evasion, detection, and success. Others keep coming back for the money and the souvenirs that they 'obtain'. Though the same can be said for all of us, Night Operations fills or used to fill that space, fulfill that need, for... the danger, the money, the 'high', and possibly most importantly the fun derived from learning, seeing, and gathering information from what is being withheld from us.

This is my definition of an opper and why they do it. This may not fit all of you here but it certainly fits me and most of those that I have had the great privilege to associate with and share information about the passtime, no... the lifestyle, that I love so much.

-Killdozer
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------

lnsurgent

Post by lnsurgent » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:19 am

I hate to be a buzzkill... but... I do not see it as making any "special". Some just have different hobbies. Some like doing the op thing, others like molesting cats...

Personally, I see it as just another hobby people enjoy, along with the fantasy of playing the role. Don't take it the wrong way. I'm just saying. honesty is semi-important. Even when you exaggerate.

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 am

I always thought I was special for molesting cats. Way to completely ruin my day. :D

Actually, I wrote that about a year ago when I was baked. I still feel it's pretty accurate though for most of the vets here...
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------