Camotest

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Dethkreep

Camotest

Post by Dethkreep » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 am

The name says it all. A german site (Unfortunately yes it's all in german) dedicated to independently testing many kinds of camo. It has Hundreds if not thousands of pictures of various camo's in different environments. You can translate it to english, but you dont really need it. The pictures say more than the words ever could.

This site helped me make a decision as to what camo to buy for ops. I decided on this. :D

FLECKTARN
Shirt
Decked out

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 am

There's soo many patterns and tests I don't even know where to start.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Yeah it really depends on where you op.

I started like this.

Around here in suburbia theres lots of large solids (lawns walls etc.) I mainly hide near shadow and vegetation. So I started with some kind of woodland design, but also wanted something without almost any light spots so I could blend in to shadow the same as if I was in dark solid clothes. So I came up with flecktarn, thanks to the pictures assuring me how dark it was and how it still blends into vegetation extraordinarily well.

I havent looked at near all of the pictures though so there could be something better.

Xanatos

Re: Camotest

Post by Xanatos » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:30 am

I have a long sleeve camo shirt that blends in relatively well, then I made it even better using an idea I got from a movie. Have you guys seen Shooter? There's a part where he's camouflaging his rifle by spraying it dark green, placing pieces of vegetation on top of it and spraying it a different shade of green, leaving a leafy silhouette. Did the same thing on my long sleeve with green & brown spray paint, worked like a charm.
Last edited by Xanatos on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:54 pm

That's 3-D camouflage, it works well close up and long distance the texture is great because it's easy to over look.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:07 pm

That's a great idea. I think I might try that on a dark brown or dark green longsleeve.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum