Stealth/NO/PK vision

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

Stealth/NO/PK vision

Post by stealththief » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:36 pm

I know I've obtained this. It's a way of seeing the environment tactically, like hiding spots, access to buildings, paths that you could use to escape with parkour, and stuff like that. I notice this kinda stuff without even thinking anymore, it's useful. I've developed different parts at different times while practicing different stuff like the escape and roof stuff with parkour, the stealth with ninja training and manhunt and the access just from operating in general. Do any of you have this too? I know if I go out mine'll increase and it tones down when I'm just relaxing with friends but I'll still notice things.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:44 pm

Same here.
It's even odder at night, because I see things I didn't see during a recon.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:21 am

The more time you spend going out, the more prominent this will become. It's like your subconscious's way of letting you know it's got your back. Well, either that or it just means you're obsessed. :P
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:27 am

I wish I had a good place for parkour. Around my suburban neighborhood all we have is a park. It's decent but not much variety. What me and my friends do for a good obstacle chase simulation is just play tag. We do two different kinds, one parkourish one (Don't know much, just basic stuff) where we play tag in the playground area. Another one is a long sprint one where we play tag in a field like 200 by 100 yards, this is good for getting good at long sprints while being chased, changing direction at full speed, and juking. Both styles are very useful and I definately suggest doing them, plus they're just fun.

Xanatos

Re: Stealth/NO/PK vision

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:04 am

As soon as I walk into a new environment I immediately look out for all possible exits, points of cover/concealment and do a crowd annalysis. Occasionally I look for things that might be of value.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:46 pm

To be honest I sort of had this way before I started NO from all of the stealth video games and stuff that my friends and I would reenact such as MGS. When I started NO I realized that I could apply my 'game' (analyzing everything in the area when bored) to all sorts of other things such as NO.
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Have you guys played Assassin's Creed? It really changes the way you see the environment, multiple paths everywhere. Anyway, this 'tactical vision' (crowds, exits, hide spots, etc) becomes natural overtime. Practice by observing everything about your surroundings and analysing everything. It takes some concentration at first, but eventually you'll be able to do it without even thinking.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:44 am

I love assassin's creed I can't wait to play the new one it looks awesome. With time the sight comes naturally, super useful on the fly and during recon.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:24 am

-cleaned-
Last edited by Psychlonic on Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:35 am

I do the car thing, camera thing and or course PIR but not the magnetic switches, don't deal with those too often.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:38 am

Lol that's pretty funny. I do almost all of those things too. I guess No'ing creates some "bad" habits
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

killdozer

Post by killdozer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Psychlonic wrote:Call me rotten, but I have a terrible habit of peering into every car I pass by on foot just seeing if anything interesting is in the dash, bed of pick-ups, anything. I also note anything of interest in a building then immediately look at the doors to see if I can find any magnetic switches. From there, the walls for sensors. Cameras if they're obvious enough.

I look at the locks on the doors, and I always take note when I see PIR lighting outside. Pretty much everything I take into account at this point, whether I'm planning anything or not. I think this is fairly normal for us here, agreed? Not too unnatural.
Sadly I do all of that too.
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------