Neutralizing Cameras

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Borninshadows

Neutralizing Cameras

Post by Borninshadows » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Tactics
Laser pointer-you can use the three colors red, green, and blue (I use just red). Do this as when played back, you can filter out red, or green, or blue. I am in constant doubt of that happening, as most guards don't know how to do this, or are to lazy because of the time consumption.

Snip (it's better to unplug, as you the cords)- only do this on camera's that aren't monitored, just recorded.

These are my favorites. Any specific questions? Like Dome camera's?
Last edited by Borninshadows on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 pm

First off, my apologies if it seems like I'm following you around the forum harassing you, but on pictures and cameras:
Taping a picture directly ON the lens is a really bad idea, because it's not going to let light into the lens and therefore the image is going to be pitch black. If you went through all the trouble of making the perfect recreating image of the camera's view and made a stand off for it so it appeared correctly on the monitor, and the lighting was right, it would be possible. The effort in this would be so absurd that if the monitor was actively watched, somebody would notice you, and if it wasn't watched, you might as well just cover the camera over or hit the lens with a coarse clear coat as to permanently distort it.
If you insist on projecting a copy image of the area on the monitor, the way to do this is to make a video recording of the same image, and either tap into the feed cable with your "counterfeit" video, and disconnect the camera, or just swap the cables over from the camera to your video player. This requires wiring skill more than directions because there are so many different wiring systems used - even some wireless methods - how you tap into the system is going to be different every time.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:53 pm

thanks.
I guess it only worked for me as they weren't actively monitered.
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person