Verkada

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
HouseEater47

Verkada

Post by HouseEater47 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:44 am

https://www.verkada.com/

This is the future of physical security.
Read up on the functions and application.
This company is very well accomplished and is quite popular in many commercial environments.

With these buggers around, dont think youll just creep in and nowone knows. Nowadays, someone will know because of the IOT and wireless security. We need to get innovative if we are to bypass these bastards.

Best way I see it is to minimize your exposure and only access areas you need to access and minimize your time. Dont want to be on the scene when the police show up with their thermal imaging drones swarming the sky (:0

Intruder

Re: Verkada

Post by Intruder » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:16 am

That future happened like 12 years back. Good lighting will do more to deter me tbh.

Access monitored control is ancient. Ring camera with analytics. Long story short if you encounter one of these you can simply take it and cost them replacements. This is exactly the same as normal internal cctv except it's stored on somoene elses computer. That's all cloud storage is. Someone elses stuff.

This silly sales pitch is defeated with simple use of masks + vandalism. Plenty of crypt tools to mess with WIfi too. Worst case scenario they are paying the replacement for hardware and the bandwith bill as well as the wireless hacking risk as well as the possibility of sinking a large stack of cash into the subscription fee. If someone is silly enough to use this instead of hardwired CCTV they are being scammed.

If more people come to depend on this it will be better for us, not worse. Much of the backend tech is already deployed especially in small venues. The real game changer was 10 year or so when they started having straight to cellphone CCTV. That didn't do half as much either.

The thing about anything that constantly pings with alarms is people get annoyed and used to them. How many people have more than one wakeup alarm nowadays? Same thing goes with this dated gimmick. People have had self CCTV in webcam and nanny cams for years. That's what I'm worried about, cams that are inside that I can't see as I don't know if there's a response. But such things do not deter and thus don't prevent me being in. If I see cams like these I'll make a point to take a look though. Bet it would be funny to see how they react to animals all the time.

Company is also Chinese so YMMV on if that is even worth the constant analytics gathering on people. More a risk for the user than the actual risk of break ins. One is a possibility on a long enough timeline, the other is an ongoing syphon of data and selling of said data. That's a real problem right there.

https://www.verkada.com/au/security-update/report/ They've already been compromised a bunch of times. Security through obscurity stay losing.

HouseEater47

Post by HouseEater47 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:03 pm

Thank you.

HouseEater47

Post by HouseEater47 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:04 pm

Low tech or no tech can be the best solution to high tech security.