Mission/Operation Planning

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
V-S

Mission/Operation Planning

Post by V-S » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:51 am

I'm certain most night oppers enjoy the planning phase of ops just as much as the mission itself. All the recon and the attention to detail that goes into the planning is like an art form.

I'm unsure if there is a thread already covering planning but I'd like how others go about mission planning.

I'll typically do a small write up like the picture below. I use to do full on planning with maps and pictures when operating with friends. But now that I'm only lone operating it's not as necessary.

Any thoughts/tips welcome.
Attachments
177254.jpg
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

Raven

Re: Mission/Operation Planning

Post by Raven » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:19 pm

Looks cool but I would definitely add photos. Sometimes right before the operation you feel like you have completely forgotten what the place looks like.

Xanatos

Re: Mission/Operation Planning

Post by Xanatos » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:25 pm

Depending on the target, visual recon (especially at different times of day) is essential. Google Earth is a valuable tool for aerial recon, but there are some things that can only be seen by the human eye from ground level. Google's images aren't always up-to-date and they often don't reveal gaps in the perimeter, cameras, guard stations, windows or other key points of interest.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.