Ahhh The Parents..

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Yoshi Shinobi

Ahhh The Parents..

Post by Yoshi Shinobi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 pm

How about an open discussion about sneaking out of ones OWN house.

A good technique I use is as follows.

I get all my shit together and head downstairs, when I get downstairs I slowly open the back door and get out. When I get out, I throw my bag and any suspicious gear around the corner and just sit down on a chair. If I was too loud and woke one of them up, I'm just outside getting some air, I had just been watching TV. Now if your parents don't let you watch TV at 1AM...then they are a little insane or you're too young to even be opping..! :P

If after a few minutes my bedroom light doesn't turn on, or someone comes downstairs, I exit the yard and begin said adventure!

Share some tips and ideas!
"Bree-Broow"

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:06 am

I'll give you a short rundown of how a normal op goes for me:

1.5 hours before: lights to room cut.
1.5-1 hour before: surf net and stay quiet
1-.5 hours before: ready gear (silently)
.5-15 minutes before: final checks, open window
0-0 seconds before: exit silently
-10 seconds before: get started

then when I return I put my gear back (sometimes post about it here) then crash.

Tips:
-cut lights at least 30 minutes before (if parents are awake maybe earlier)
-watch for cars for a few minutes (if you live in the suburbs)
-try to have people around you on a schedule, humans tend to like schedules, from my experience, so it is just a matter of how tight they follow it.
-lastly, get stuff out of the way of your entrance and exit (its a bitch to step on something loud and cancel your op because you haven't given your eyes proper time to adjust to the dark.)
thats about all I can think of currently

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:20 pm

Back when i was living with my parents i'd have all of my gear checked and readied eariler that day, and hidden in my room. then i'd "go to bed" and do a silent re-check of my gear, open up my window, go over the op plans, maybe meditate or just sit and relax for about an hour total. then i'd strip down to just boxers (what i normally sleep in) and silently walk out to the bathroom as if i was groggy and woke up for that reason. while i was out there, i'd make sure that my parents were either asleep watching TV, or up in their room. if they were, i'd return, put on all of my gear except my shoes, which i would toss out my window. (no shoes helped me climb out the window much more quietly) then all i had to do was climb out, put on the shoes, and be on my way.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Atmos

Re: Ahhh The Parents..

Post by Atmos » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I get everything ready the day before and leave it in a sheltered place outside, (thats just any tools i will need for the op,) then when night comes i actually sleep till about three as my dad is a bad sleeper and goes to bed about 1 most mornings,then i quietly as possible slip into op gear and head out and down the stairs, this takes about twenty minutes (im on the second floor, and as much as i am capable of jumping the window, it would be too loud at night,) and then i head out a window out the back as thats onto grass rather than gravel and makes less noise than a door, pick up my gear and off into the night.
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD

Ghillie

Post by Ghillie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 am

I have no technique so far. I only op when I'm alone or at somewhere else.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:48 am

I find it easiest to have friends who op and go hang out with them and make no promises of when you'll be back. If that isn't an option though, then you will get some good practice sneaking out. All in all there is no technique that is any different from having to be quiet in any other situation. I just tend to grab my stuff and walk out. I won't be checked up on and if I do get questioned then I am only getting a drink, then I wait until I hear snoring then leave.
Keep 'em chained, boys!