Videos That Teach You To Walk In The Shadows

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Vengeance
Location: Every night look into the darkness and know I'm out there.

Videos That Teach You To Walk In The Shadows

Post by Vengeance » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Vgx9kNGUrD

This playlist is a list of highly informative videos that directly translate to N.O
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ybQM33mDa1

This playlist isn't needed for the average operator.
But potentially invaluable to the more "hard-core" operatives here.

Majority of these videos are property of ShadowWork.
Videos from users such as Stealth Technique and others may pop up later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.

Sleven

Re: Videos That Teach You To Walk In The Shadows

Post by Sleven » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:29 am

Absolute gold!

Shadow Works on and off his channel so much, I've never seen the Body Drop video until now. Good archive and smart for downloading them!

Edit-
*Bookmarked.
[ Exit The Faketrix ]

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:17 pm

Nice. I should have a link uploaded soon in my thread before too long, feel free to copy anything over to keep it available elsewhere.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:49 pm

Thank you for the links, but I think most of the people here, including myself, have barely entered into what stealth could be. Even the techniques shadow work teaches, they have many problems(such as instability, a crucial aspect when moving at a snails pace). Nobody ever seems to go in-depth on lights, people still advocate black or just "gray"(hot gray, warm gray, cool gray, cold gray? Depth? Different color?), and nobody talks about routes.

Sorry if I sound aggressive, I just do not understand why people want to learn to drop silently when they walk right out in the open, or are completely unaware of their surroundings behind them(Ex, lights outlining them). Or when people focus so much on silence rather than visually hiding themselves, especially since humans are much more visual creatures.

Stealth Technique is a good example; if you are training for realism, why learn to cling to pipes upside down rather than refining your walk? "Yoko aruki" is pretty unstable, but I understand how both feet straight is difficult. One foot angled and the other straight? Or maybe less of your foot swinging over the other?

Sorry if I sound angry, I just find it weird and a little frustrating that some think themselves as "stealth masters" or know it alls :D
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Sicarius wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:49 pm
if you are training for realism, why learn to cling to pipes upside down rather than refining your walk?
lol I usually stay out of conversations where I see style over substance being pushed because everyone should go through their own personal learning process, but I agree with this and so many more examples. Some things are fun to learn I suppose, but I've always been one for raw efficiency over flashy technique.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 pm

Psychlonic wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 pm
Sicarius wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:49 pm
if you are training for realism, why learn to cling to pipes upside down rather than refining your walk?
lol I usually stay out of conversations where I see style over substance being pushed because everyone should go through their own personal learning process, but I agree with this and so many more examples. Some things are fun to learn I suppose, but I've always been one for raw efficiency over flashy technique.
Exactly how I feel, except I am stupid and put my nose into it.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:00 am

A little addition:

Fox Walk - How To Walk Silently Through The Woods

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyVtDrIwlVc
This is actually really close to how I walk. She's a little awkward on her feet doing it but when it becomes habitual it can go really quickly.

Edit, another:
Stealth walking #1 ( Heel to Toe & feel)

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGLXCT3zwpQ
I use this sometimes as well.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:37 am

I still tend to favour the cross-step method as a general rule, although sometimes employ a faster fox step if I need to keep my vision stable to detect movement.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius

Post by Sicarius » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:13 pm

I pretty much thought any walk that was not linear was retarded, but on trying them again and researching, I definitely think they have a place. Ninjas supposedly used them, and even more convincingly Xanatos, so even more affirmation. I think it depends on which one you should use based on where you are positioned, and whether prioritizing auditory or visual concealment. That just my opinion though.