Getting Sloppy

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
enfaded Serenicity

Getting Sloppy

Post by enfaded Serenicity » Fri May 30, 2008 4:43 am

Okay , Its been a while since ive done any huge operations on my own. Say about a good 8 months to a year. Ive being busy finishing my HSC and starting Uni.
However Ive decided my current University course just isnt for me and I wont be reenrolling to something different until next year. I'm looking for a part time job to keep me occupied in the day , but otherwise ive got a fair bit of spare time that id like to use to get back into ops.

So the other night I decided to go out on a op to much dismay , I ended up falling off someones carport roof making a ton of noise , waking residents up and getting my ass chased for a while. Generally I just dont feel at home in the night as I used to.

Ive been out on a few rounds breaking into whatnot in the last few months with teams but nothing hardcore. So I intend to get back into ops and make a frequent hobby of it once more.

So , Where to start , I'm thinking to just completely start at the bare basics , wonder around the neighbourhood with no particular targets , get used to the environment , get used to noises , the feel of company , threats , etc etc.

Then slowly work my way up to other things , explore schools , construction sites etc and hope it all comes back with time. Has any new guides been posted out there recently ? or is there just the usual reading material WOTS and such ? Anyway any advice / imput etc would be appreciated.
The above Text is completely fictional, designed for entertainment reasons only.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri May 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Not much new stuff that I've noticed. WOTS is still up there around the top, the totse guides are okay. A lot on guides can be found on individual stuff (climbing, stealth, parkour), but I haven't seen a new big guide since WOTS.
Good luck on your re-entry.

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat May 31, 2008 2:10 am

I do know the feeling, but not as severely. Where I live it is almost impossible to op from november to mid-april and that alone makes me have to re-adjust to the lifestyle.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat May 31, 2008 5:32 am

Like stealththief said, there haven't been any guides out lately. So i figured i'd quick write out a small one on this topic, since a lot of people have said recently that they're going to slowly work their way back into opping after a long break. The plan is set over three weeks, to get you to back into opping shape by the end of it.

Three Week Plan

Week One:

Sunday - Plan for tomorrow's op. check over gear, make sure everything is in good condition and needs no repairs.

Monday - Op your neighborhood or a familiar area. practice going through backyards and general stealth skills.

Tuesday - Rest. Plan the next op, do a light workout, but nothing hardcore.

Wednesday - Op a neighboring development, something close and fairly well known, but separate from yours. practice hiding, fence climbing, and using your surroundings to your advantage.

Thursday - Rest again, and look around on google earth for a development you've never been in before. practice some opping skills like climbing, crawling, lockpicking, but take it easy.

Friday - Op the third development, one that you've never been in before. It doesn't need to be far away, but as long as you don't really know anyone who lives there, and you've done nothing more than drive through, it's fair game. practice any other skills you used to have while you're there, whatever you'd consider to be "advanced techniques".

Saturday - Rest and meditate on what you have learned. (bonus points if you know where that's from) chill out with some friends, whatever you do on a saturday.

Week Two:

Sunday - Start preparing for another operation. This time, the target will be a public park or playground.

Monday - The plan for tonight is to op whichever public area you picked out, be it a park, playground, or whatever. note that there is probably not as much cover here as there was in the developments, so making use of it is vital. try to work on climbing here, be it a junglegym, park building, or anything of the sort.

Tuesday - Rest after last night's op, work out any areas that the op didn't. plan your next op, a local school. Any will do, be it elementary, junior high, or high school.

Wednesday - The objective is simple tonight, op the school, try to get around to the back of it, wherever the service area is. find the parts of the building you usually don't get to see. any doors or windows left open? take note.

Thursday - No opping tonight, but you should work out a bit, and practice any self - defense type skills. do you carry a weapon on ops? practice with it. If you don't know how to use it, there's no point in bringing it with you. Also, look up a local shopping center.

Friday - Op the shopping center/strip mall you looked up last night. it doesn't need to be big, and it shouldn't be one with high security. Check out the employee entrances/exits, do a little dumpster diving if that's your thing. most buildings like this will have ladders up to the roof, so find one and see what you can see.

Saturday - Yet another day of rest. Chill out and do what you want.

Week Three:

Sunday - Any types of gear you found yourself lacking? (night vision goggles and an OpSat don't count) See if you can make it, improvise something else to do the trick, or buy it. Also, make sure you could use it in pitch black conditions. Also - look for a local construction site.

Monday - Op the construction site. It may be well lit, so remember how to use bright lights as cover. If you're into Personal Possessions Relocation, then you might be able to score some new gear as well.

Tuesday - Work out any areas of your body that you find lacking. Look for an abandoned house somewhere around you, because tomorrow night that's your target.

Wednesday - Tonight you're opping an abandoned house, inside and all. make sure the house isn't decaying, watch out for rotten floorboards and of course alarm systems. And hobos.

Thursday - Rest tonight, do a light work out, and brush up on any skills that you might have found lacking.

Friday - The last op! This one is going to be one of your creation, use it to test yourself, and evaluate how your opping skills are now in comparison to how they used to be.

Saturday - Sleep in, after opping three nights a week for three weeks, you've earned it.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat May 31, 2008 6:50 pm

Since today is Saturday I think I will do that to get me back to opping every other night like I used to.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sat May 31, 2008 9:29 pm

Good guide. I might do this after my knee heals if I'm feeling really rusty. BTW Therin, TheTorch was looking for you on aim.

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat May 31, 2008 9:40 pm

does TheTorch still op?

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Evil_0ne wrote:does TheTorch still op?
Nope he stopped :(

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 am

I thought so since he hasn't posted here in 'over 9000 years'

hX_

Post by hX_ » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:39 pm

OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDD!

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:19 am

lol, does that mean that you are a /b/ tard too? (don't permaban me i promise I'm not like the other ones...)

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:09 am

*hefts his mighty banhammer*

*ignores his longcat vs. tacgnol desktop background*

:P
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

hX_

Post by hX_ » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:15 am

Not so much a /b/tard, just know some of the memes etc.