Exfiltration Exploration

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Necrogue

Exfiltration Exploration

Post by Necrogue » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:24 pm

A primary consideration and topic of discussion here is infiltration: the hows of getting into places, areas, etc., but equal consideration does not seem to be paid to exfiltration: the hows of getting out.

I wonder if people might have an appetite to discuss various avenues (pun intended) of exfiltration(?) For example: How much importance do other 'oppers' place on being well versed in escape and evasion protocols? What level of attention is paid to traffic patterns in your evac zone (pedestrian traffic, vehicular traffic, even animal traffic)?

"...always have an escape plan." Q, speaking to James Bond (The World Is Not Enough)
“For a while they stood there, like men on the edge of a sleep where nightmare lurks, holding it off, though they know that they can only come to morning through shadows.” —J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘The Passage of the Marshes’, The Two Towers

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Re: Exfiltration Exploration

Post by Sicarius » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:51 pm

I just want to say, I love the questions you ask. Please actually stay in the community. New members tend to post a little then drop out after a month or two.

Exfiltration differs from Escape and Evasion(E&E). Exfiltration is how you leave the premises with no contact, or in a hypothetical scenario where the conflict was quick or non-compromising. E&E is how you leave the premises when you have been compromised or conflict began, but you either do not want to fight or lack firepower. I have more on this... just writing it as usual. I have a decent amount of content, I just want to have a reservoir of it.

My E&E is severely lacking, zig-zag running patterns is the best I have lol

I always pay attention to traffic patterns. I notice certain ratios are present in all traffic patterns, and some roads have false openings. Let's say a gap of 2 minutes presents itself every 10 minutes. If a false opening is present, every other time instead of a 2-minute gap you have a 30-second gap. As for other patterns, I have ideas but nothing written.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Necrogue

Post by Necrogue » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Thank you for your kind words, encouragement, and positive feedback!

As long as I can continue to engage with like minded individuals in meaningful discourse about our shared passions and interests, I plan to stick around. This forum is a godsend in that it focuses on discussions and topics that are within my specific interest groups. The more mainstream methods of social networking are socially not working.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:22 pm

I wrote a bit about this topic, mostly in regards to escaping detection: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1660
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.