Skill Training

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Vengeance
Location: Every night look into the darkness and know I'm out there.

Skill Training

Post by Vengeance » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:43 pm

Every week i dedicated a day for purely skill training, i'm interested in what you all think would be best to cover in terms of stealth.

Xanatos

Re: Skill Training

Post by Xanatos » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:10 am

I don't really have a training regime for stealth, I just go out and do it. For physical training, focus on agility & balance. Being able to contort your body to cover/make your silhouette unrecognisable and moving steadily is very conducive to stealth movement.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Post by Sicarius » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:16 am

Surreptitious entry as well as enhancing your mind and senses too!
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Wind

Post by Wind » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:51 am

@Vengeance, I like to choose different surfaces or terrains to work on moving silently through. For instance, I like to practice on stairs, wood floors, gravel, sidewalks, wooded areas, leaves, tall grasses, and more. Through each environment, I practice running, walking, crouched walking, crawling, rolling, and getting to and from flat on the ground quickly and quietly.

I also find value in practicing climbing trees, various types of fences, and rope. Working on pull-ups helps with this, too.

I would be interested to hear what you decide to do for your training and how it goes.

Vengeance

Post by Vengeance » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:13 am

I also have one night every week dedicated to operating
The skill day is safe practice

Vengeance

Post by Vengeance » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:14 am

Wind wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:51 am
@Vengeance, I like to choose different surfaces or terrains to work on moving silently through. For instance, I like to practice on stairs, wood floors, gravel, sidewalks, wooded areas, leaves, tall grasses, and more. Through each environment, I practice running, walking, crouched walking, crawling, rolling, and getting to and from flat on the ground quickly and quietly.

I also find value in practicing climbing trees, various types of fences, and rope. Working on pull-ups helps with this, too.

I would be interested to hear what you decide to do for your training and how it goes.
This is a good idea
My only issue is finding some places with that terrain out of sight
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.

Vengeance

Post by Vengeance » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:16 am

Xanatos wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:10 am
I don't really have a training regime for stealth, I just go out and do it. For physical training, focus on agility & balance. Being able to contort your body to cover/make your silhouette unrecognisable and moving steadily is very conducive to stealth movement.
Yes, you're right and i do
The skill day is just for me to perfect Stealth movements and other skills like lockpicking, quickly changing clothes, etc.
Stuff like that
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.