Visual contact

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Ashy

Visual contact

Post by Ashy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Hello friends I have observed some interesting things today.
I had to go to a place in the airport, and when I asked a security man for directions he told me to follow a woman he just had finished explaining the way to the same place. So I started following her at a distance (she didnt know), and took it a little like a mission for fun.

We went up automatic staircases, did a turn, and crossed a tunnel bridge between two buildings.
At the end of that bridge, there was a bystander, in the perfect spot for watching all the people coming across the bridge. We made eye contact for a moment and all the mental alarms went off. ''An enemy agent, they now have located me''. After that his eyes went down to something he had on his hands, a book or a newspaper or something like that, and stayed that way as I crossed across him. The lack of visual contact the rest of the time, or even being able to see his eyes at all as he looked down made me feel like he was not at all related with me or a threat in any way.
It made me realize that if he never made eye contact with me I wouldnt even remember him, the same as I dont remember anyone I crossed today appart from him, the girl, and the security guard.
I completed the mission succesfully without the evil enemy agents disrupting my chores and then I took the bus back home.

From the bus, in a traffic stop I observed a young man coming out his house, in a street with almost no people. By chance, another pedestrian, ended up walking behind him. You know the feeling when you want to turn to see who you have approaching from behind in case is dangerous, but also dont want to be the guy that suddenly turns with a reactive body languaje and scares the shit out of all the people that happens to walk behind you in a city.

He did it with the perfect solution, he casually stopped and turned half way, putting his back on the wall, and looked back, but instead of the guy behind him he made it look like he was looking at the end of the street, far away, without any eye contact towards the other guy. It wasnt weird at all, he could be trying to decide if going back cause he forgot something at home, or maybe looking to see if the bus was coming, or maybe waiting for some friends that were back there. The other guy passed him and then he waited a little more and continued his walking. I knew it was to check on the guy behind because of his body languaje at the beggining and after the other guy passed.

This is more like day ops material so maybe it has to be moved to the general thread.
Any stories about visual contact?

Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Re: Visual contact

Post by Sicarius » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:45 pm

I was at an amusement park called "Busch Gardens" in central Florida with some friends as a little mini-vacation, where I noticed some girl(not in the friend group) staring at me and talking to her friends about me. She later told me she thought I was cute later when we were talking, but I have no time for women 8)

Other than that, I observe people in stores I go into for my mother, and I get all kinds of looks. I am 6 foot 2, so essentially a giraffe, and my fast walking pace does not help either. Old people or people who move at turtle speed look at me because I walk fast. I am a teenager, so the staff and any law enforcement officials watch me for shoplifting. The staff at the local Starbucks and CVS like me a lot because I am polite to them, so I always get free stuff and they genuinely smile when they see me. At a local Wawa, the cooking staff gives everyone dirty looks, and one black lesbian cashier lady always is rude to me. No clue why considering I am polite to her EVERY time, but I eavesdropped on a conversation with her and a co-member where I heard her father was white and "went out for milk".

And at "school", I typically get made fun of by other boys my age behind my back for not throwing a ball back and forth every lunch(jeering looks). That's all I have, have a good day!
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Wind

Re: Visual contact

Post by Wind » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Ashy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:21 pm

It made me realize that if he never made eye contact with me I wouldnt even remember him, the same as I dont remember anyone I crossed today appart from him, the girl, and the security guard.
That's an important observation. It informs how we may want to move through the world as a grey man.