Need training tips

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
spartan_ninja45

Need training tips

Post by spartan_ninja45 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:08 am

Hey guys. So it's been about 10 months since my last op. A lot went wrong that night. I triggered the burglar alarm, sprained my ankle on exfil, and managed to get caught sneaking back into my house. I have plenty of good reasons for taking those 10 months off that I won't get into, but the bottom line is I'm out of shape now and my skills could use sharpening. Last night I thought I'd put on my gear and attempt to sneak my way down my block. Just a training exercise in an attempt to brush up on my techniques. I discovered that I'm too out of shape to do the basic movements (crouch walking, crawling, etc). I was out of breath not even halfway through the exercise. My question for you guys is: what are some good ways to practice nopping safely in a controlled environment and get back to a level of fitness necessary to take on my first op in 10 months? Any info helps. Thanks

Xanatos

Re: Need training tips

Post by Xanatos » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:18 am

I posted some basic training regimes some time ago to help one keep in shape and attuned for night ops: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1287
Simple exercises to develop & maintain situation awareness, sharpen one's senses, maintain fitness & agility and gear checks. Easy to follow, if you keep up with them you'll tune yourself up for opping in no time.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

SpringHeeledJack

Post by SpringHeeledJack » Fri May 01, 2020 1:45 am

Hello. First of all I am glad this forum is still active.
I would recommend you the routine of the "violent nomad" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMzvYxkJzw
You can also find it in the book 100 deadly skills.
I personally do some cardio at least 20 minutes and then work on my explosivity.
Don't forget to stretch before and after your routine to minimize risk of injury and to improve your flexibility.

Vengeance
Location: Every night look into the darkness and know I'm out there.

Post by Vengeance » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:51 pm

SpringHeeledJack wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:45 am
Hello. First of all I am glad this forum is still active.
I would recommend you the routine of the "violent nomad" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMzvYxkJzw
You can also find it in the book 100 deadly skills.
I personally do some cardio at least 20 minutes and then work on my explosivity.
Don't forget to stretch before and after your routine to minimize risk of injury and to improve your flexibility.
The exercises in that video leave far too many gaps.
Take it from a qualified PT.
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.