Upper Body Workout

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
chillythingy

Upper Body Workout

Post by chillythingy » Mon May 19, 2008 11:25 am

I've always been troubled when attempting to establish a workout routine. I'm really only interested in the upper-body, such as arms, pecks, and abs. I'm pretty sure, however, that I have a good thing going for my pecks and arms. For the pecks, I've been using those perfect pushup things, which are amazing. For arms, I just do a few sets of reps with a 35-pound dumbbell, which seems to do alright. My abs are what trouble me. Whenever I try to do ab workouts, it's more of a guessing game with what to do. So does anybody happen to know a decent ab workout routine that's worked for them? And I'm always welcome to any more additional suggestions with my current workout plan.
When I was young, I was afraid of the dark.

Now that I'm older, it is the light I fear.

KolmeK

Post by KolmeK » Mon May 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Honestly, I am too lazy to answer this question in great detail, I will get back to it later. For abs, do crunches, not full sit ups. If you do a crunch, hold it in the up position for five seconds, then lower back down slowly I bet you can't do 15 of them. Do three sets of 15. Also, while lieing down leg raises are great. Google ab exercises. If you want to have ripped abs it's more about doing lots of cardio to get your bodyfat low.

I want to point out that I think your training ideas are seriously flawed. Working your biceps and not the triceps leads to serious power imbalances, same with doing your chest and not doing your back. Legs are also not to be neglected. You MUST remember that the body functions as a whole, and should be trailed as such. You can't just pick and choose muscles to work out and expect good performance. Train the body as a whole.
KØÏmêK
Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof. Consider making counter-accusations.

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."

-- The Kohima Epitaph