Alibi with no lie

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
rvn

Alibi with no lie

Post by rvn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:08 am

Much of what has been said and written about alibi establishment in the context of stealth relies on lies. Since stealth involves deception and discretion that makes sense, a false alibi after all is by definition false. But even better than lies, even white lies, are truths that reveal carefully. Reveal just enough but no more, or enough from an angle that shows a picture we want to show and nothing else.

Think of all the different ways facts get spun in our information age, even while still being factual. There are a lot of different ways to present a case. But what about when it comes down to it? Did you do X, where you at Y, when? It seems to me calm and confident alternatives need to be ready, but nonetheless, all the better to stick to truth that seems suitable for everyone's interest to the extent possible.

Do you have any stories or favorite methods to truthful alibis, in different contexts of receiving inquiries about stealthy activities?
it's a bird, it's a --...no wait it's nothing
(and yet it's something)

Xanatos

Re: Alibi with no lie

Post by Xanatos » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 am

"Out for a midnight stroll" usually works for me. Where I stroll or how I do so is nobody's business.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.