Truecrypt

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
mib

Truecrypt

Post by mib » Tue May 13, 2008 3:48 am

I recommend it for purposes of security.

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm

WOW nice find
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

hX_

Post by hX_ » Wed May 14, 2008 9:49 am

Although in the UK it is a criminal offence to not give up any encryption codes to police if the ask for them.

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Wed May 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Im already on record, so i don't really care. Plus if police came to my home i would try to delete said files before they got to them
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

hX_

Post by hX_ » Wed May 14, 2008 5:56 pm

That could be a good way out, and also, to wipe a hard disk the easiest thing to use is DBAN, as it irrecoverably deletes all data!

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

Pentagonal_Iris

Post by Pentagonal_Iris » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 pm

With truecrypts hidden volume you could maybe decieve the police into thinking that the fake volume you open is the only one there

buc33s

Post by buc33s » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Eh, DBAN is ok, but I recomend Hiren's Killdisk over DBAN.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:09 am

buc33s wrote:Eh, DBAN is ok, but I recomend Hiren's Killdisk over DBAN.
There was an older program that was called HDKP (hard drive killer pro) that was rumored to not only destroy a hard drive, but apparently whatever it did was enough to cause some computers to overheat/cause physical damage to the HD as well, if you let it run for a while. I've been trying to find it just so i could either prove/disprove that, but i only found one place to download it, and the site seems pretty dead, so naturally the download doesn't work either. anyone happen to have a copy of it? or know where i could get one?
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."