"Card proof" doors

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
stealththief

"Card proof" doors

Post by stealththief » Tue May 06, 2008 10:38 pm

A lot of doors have one thin metal part that comes out further than it should to prevent carding. This may or may not work on most doors I've only had one experience with this, but if you slip your fingers between the card-block and the wall (or door if it's a double door) you can usually pull it open with just brute force. It's loud, quick and dirty so think before you use this. Got me into a movie theatre for free once, but I got caught later... :(

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 am

Yeah I still haven't found a way to card those yet. Maybe bend a coat hanger on the spot to fit around the part if you know what I mean...

Yoshi Shinobi

Post by Yoshi Shinobi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:50 am

Evil_0ne wrote:Yeah I still haven't found a way to card those yet. Maybe bend a coat hanger on the spot to fit around the part if you know what I mean...
The coat hanger would bend and you wouldn't have enough leverage. Maybe crowbar the block?
"Bree-Broow"

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:56 am

^ that's a good idea but if I brought a crowbar with me on an op I would be more inclined to just pry hinges off.

Yoshi Shinobi

Post by Yoshi Shinobi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:57 am

Evil_0ne wrote:^ that's a good idea but if I brought a crowbar with me on an op I would be more inclined to just pry hinges off.
Too fucking loud. Why not just lockpick the door?
"Bree-Broow"

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:04 am

^ yes that's my whole philosophy in it's most simple form.
and as i have said before
lockpick(in the right hands)>bumpkey>brute force

remember this too:
bumpkey $3.50
mini lockpick set $16.99
getting to the location with both and seeing that the window next to the door is open: priceless

^ this was actually one of the first things I learned on my first op.[/i]

Yoshi Shinobi

Post by Yoshi Shinobi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:26 am

Lucky bastard! :twisted:
"Bree-Broow"

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:32 am

I still wasted money on a bumpkey that was for a lock type that I had, and still have only come across once.

myleskennedy0640

Post by myleskennedy0640 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:33 am

you can also use a knife prefable a thin sharp one thats how i got it with my friend it was easy make sure it has no alarms

and it works

Evil_0ne

Post by Evil_0ne » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:59 am

how can a knife card a door that cant be carded with other conventional methods.

at least you're posting.

mib

Post by mib » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:24 am

I remember I got searched in high school one time because they thought I had lockpicks after I carded a door.

Fools.

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Cops once searched me for and I had paper clip lock picks in my wallet, they asked me what they were I said I would fold them up when I was nervous and they let me slip.

mib

Post by mib » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:27 am

stealththief wrote:Cops once searched me for and I had paper clip lock picks in my wallet, they asked me what they were I said I would fold them up when I was nervous and they let me slip.
Good thinking.