Cutting Alarms?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
sirholkms

Cutting Alarms?

Post by sirholkms » Tue May 06, 2008 7:39 am

I am talking about your standard PIR sensor.

My question is, if I were to cut it, like the actual cord of the heat detector would this trigger an alarm?
Night ops is a feild of gods.

Blackcell

Post by Blackcell » Tue May 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Its a possibility. Most alarm systems have a fail safe if any one or two alarms stop giving information or its just shut off the alarm will sound for that very purpose, in case someone shut it off while in the process of entry. Best bet is to get to the source and shut it off or the power to the whole building by the breaker box. If none of this is applicable use the many methods to get by, or disable PIR sensors.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

KolmeK

Post by KolmeK » Thu May 08, 2008 4:40 pm

My question is how do you plan to get to the sensor in the first place? But as stated, this will set off the alarm either way on almost all modern alarm systems.
KØÏmêK
Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof. Consider making counter-accusations.

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."

-- The Kohima Epitaph

myleskennedy0640

Post by myleskennedy0640 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:35 am

i can say that it will or wont u just need to make sure u know what ur doing and it wont go off

nomadx

Post by nomadx » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm

first and foremost you must find and identify the phone lines the building is using. prettymuch all use underground lines, but some go to the side of the building first before going in. in this case, there will be a grey (sometimes painted) rectangular steel cabinet on the side of the building about 1 foot wide, 2.5 feet tall, and 4 inches thick. inside are many phone wires. usually you can disable the alarm by cutting all the wires coming into or out of that box. sometimes they put pvc pipe on it to prevent this. simply take a small gardening shovel and dig down six inches. use a pair of cutting pliers and make sure all the connections are severed and not touching.

the other harder-to-break-into lines have only a small terminal sticking out of the underground route that looks like this:
to get at the wires you will need a socket wrench or needle nose pliers to undo the bolt at the bottom. if you cannot undo the bolt you will have to cut through the plastic. there are others made of steel, beware. once inside you will have to cut all the many wires:

after cutting the wires leave the area for 30 minutes at least and call the buidling's phone number from a gas station payphone to verify that the phone wires are no longer working. play it safe: check the place beforehand making sure no cameras are watching the phone, and wear gloves while making the call. if successful you will hear a rapid-fire "call busy" signal and other times "please wait.... please wait... *hi-pitched 3 tones* "we're sorry the number you have requested is no longer in service" otherwise it will place the call normally and you would just get ringing. if successful it is certain the alarm can no longer trigger the police. the only places that use cellular backup are banks, jewelery stores, and other high-end places.

return to the area and be sure no one is around. the best prevention for this i have found is the target's location to begin with. if it is what i call an "island" it is a standalone building, and the best kinds have the phone lines and back door in the back of the building behind the road, where cars can see you. in addition to that, the ideal target is surrounded on either side by empty buildings (stores that are closed for the night, no one around to see you). this is done by checking the area a few nights in advance. check the ambient noise level, and check all surrounding buildings.

residential houses are very bad, there's lots of them next to each other and at least one of them is going to be occupied. commercial buildings are the best, they're almost always empty at night. the road quality varies too. if the target is at an intersection, cars will be stopped in front of the building and can see you if you go out front. if the target is on a busy road with cars flying by at 50 mph 30 feet away from the road, it is obviously much better.

so use your judgement on the recon of this. because after you break in and trip the alarm, it will be loud. i'd say about 60 decibals. this is why it's important to be away from residential properties. now, normally what happens is if you're near residental area, most people are asleep but some are the "nosy neighbor" type and are light sleepers. they will wake up and look out the window. as long as they don't see anything out of the ordinary, it's prettymuch assumed as a false alarm. this is thanks to modern technology of motion detectors that commonly produce false alarms and people are desensitized to it.
cars are a different story. i have tested this, you cannot hear an alarm while inside a car if all the windows are rolled up. even with the engine off and there is no sound you can just barely hear it. modern cars are sealed nearly airtight to keep out noise often associated with the city that they commute to every day for their breadwinning. windows rolled down is rare, in this case it's same as residence. be away from line of sight of the road when the alarm is going to trip.

aside from these precautions tripping the alarm is not that big of a deal. after you go inside it takes less than 30 seconds to find the actual bell ringing and yank it off the wall. sometimes they place it near the ceiling, in this case just wait it out while you cut the alarm box wires on the inside.