Time for a new workout thread.

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Psychlonic

Time for a new workout thread.

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:23 am

Hasn't been one in awhile and I'm motivated to start kicking ass. What's the limit of the human body? Can you be huge, agile, fast, and have great endurance all in one package?
I aim to find out. There is a general acceptance that cardio while bulking is counter-productive, however successful examples out there can be found. Now, can a huge guy be the fastest or the longest running? Probably not, however he can be exceptional at both given his size and definitely better than average Joe. This is the medium I'm going to be experimenting with.

My general plan is this:

First off, I'm loaded up on a pretty massive amount of supplements, most of which are covered in my apothecary topic. I'm about to start downing a gallon of kefir a day plus eggs and oatmeal in addition to fruits and vegetables. I'm already at about 230 pounds and want to reach 265 by the end of the year on a 6'3" frame. In addition to size goals, I want to be able to sprint faster, run farther, and jump higher. Currently I run up to 5 miles every other day - usually more around the 3 mile mark. My old high school sprinting times were around an 11 second 100 meter and a 4.3 second 60 yard dash - however back then I was much, much lighter and specialized in sprinting. I know of some heavy guys that can come close to this, and it's my goal to come close to that again. As for vertical, I'm pretty average for my height. I can dunk a basketball but it takes me more effort than it probably should.

So let's fucking do this. 2016 - the year of reaching a new physical prime.

Right now I'm waking up, downing my first round of supplements, stretching, drinking a quart of kefir, eating a banana, and 2 cups of oatmeal. Depending on what I'm doing, I'll drink 6 or so eggs in the morning and possibly another quart of kefir for lunch. Lunch time usually involves salad, coconut water, maybe an avocado, some fruit, yogurt, or even alfredo. I want real food for lunch. In the afternoon, I'm drinking more coconut water and preparing for exercise. Exercise alternates between weights/BWEs and running/jumping every other day. Details on what all I do here to come - it's a long, long list. Immediately beforehand I down the second wave of supplements.

Post workout - more kefir, probably some more eggs. Stretch, cool down. If it's run day, I do yoga. Yeah, I do yoga now - trying new things here. After my shower, it's dinner time usually. I eat more real food here.

When bedtime draws near, I drink the last of the kefir. More coconut water for hydration and getting ready for feeder workout. Basically planning to pump a muscle set full of blood before I pass out. I've adopted doing this every night. What I do is grab small dumb bells - 10 or 15 pounds, and do high reps. For arms, I'll do three sets of 100 skullcrushers and 50 hammer curls without stopping. My arms burn at the end. Chest - 100 flies and 50 incline presses. Legs, 100 jumping chalice squats, 50 lunges. It burns! And your veins pop out like crazy. But the high reps ensure you're not tearing down your muscles unnecessarily, but you HAVE to support this with protein and carbs! I only do one set, whichever area I want to focus on, then immediately go to bed. Right now I've taken to listening to singing bowls to relax as I fall asleep.

As soon as I wake up, it's more kefir, stretching, and supplements. New day.

I'll post updates as I progress throughout the year, going to be trying some crazy shit when summer rolls around so stay tuned. Join in and post your own routines, ideas, and results here too! Let's get in the best shape of our lives! I know I plan on it.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Re: Time for a new workout thread.

Post by Xanatos » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 am

Well I do Kali twice a week and once ate a banana... yay?

Does your body need time to recover from all that? I've heard the dangers of heavy daily exercise; the body doesn't have time to recuperate and starts to degrade. Or do all those nutrients help?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:36 pm

A good deal of what I take is geared toward faster recovery in the form of more protein (of course), higher testosterone, reduced inflammation, higher metabolism, and more energy all the way down to the cellular level. I couldn't do daily running or strength conditioning, but alternating is what makes it possible. So far, I've been able to maintain this routine without suffering negative side effects - my connective tissues are strong, my muscles aren't being pulled, and I'm not dead tired at any point. So far I've put on a few pounds (I started out at about 220) and have been making steady gains in all areas. If I do a really heavy leg day, I might opt out of the next day for a run and wait instead for the next day. The idea is that I always recover a given area for about 48 hours after intense exercise. If I skip a run day over from doing legs, I might do neck and shoulders on the following run day then focus on my core the day afterward. Then, another run after that and I'm back into the proper swing of things.

I've never been 265 though so I've yet to see how my body handles that!
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:56 am

Put in a modest 4 mile run yesterday, more strength training this evening. I'm getting more used to pounding down nutrients and it seems to be helping. Each new exercise has me ready for the challenge, I'm excited to progress!

Shade

Post by Shade » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Waitwaitwait, DRINK eggs? That's messed up. XD What are you doing to them?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:13 am

Expon wrote:I was just thinking, 6'3 and 265 is freaking huge. If you aren't training so that the weight you're putting on becomes muscle, you'll be considered morbidly obese. What advantage do you see to being so large? Is it mostly a strength thing? I understand you're trying this whole new regimen in an effort not to lose speed, agility, and endurance while bulking up, but I simply don't see the need for you to gain 45 lbs. What sort of situations do you see yourself in where that's advantageous?
It's most certainly a strength thing, simply being a lot stronger but being able to maintain a fairly similar level of other aspects. The goal is lean mass of course. Why? I may never need it, but if I can have it without losing much if anything, I simply want it. It feels good to be strong and physically capable of things. As an operative this isn't really necessary, but I hope others join in with their own regimens geared more toward their own desires! Along the way I'm aiming toward actual performance goals alongside simply what the scale says.

And Shade I just drink them raw, I've been doing that in varying quantities now since 2009.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:46 am

Been moving along a lot of different routines over the past year, a few based of convict conditioning's Veterano.
Now I'm doing a PPL with as little equipment as possible, because I'm broke. (Backpack with 20kg atm, for squats I hold a 16kg dumbbell goblet style)
I'm aiming to do 1x5 50kg pullups by the end of the year, that should make a few coats fit tighter.

Push
Weighted Parallel Dips
Korean/Straight Bar Dips

Pull
Weighted Pullups
Hanging Leg Raises

Legs/Shoulders
Weighted Pistol Squats
Dumbbell Press/Handstand Pushup Training

I'm recovering from a bout of sickness, so my rep ranges on the heavy exercises are low. For the weighted pullups, 5x3. I'll be way more content with my progress in a few months.
My old routine, when I didn't use weight:

Monday:
Muscle Ups
Wide Pullups/L-Sit False Grip Pullups

Tuesday:
Russian Dips (Full Version)
Reverse-Grip Straight Bar Dips (Finisher)

Wednesday:
Fingertip L-Sit

Thursday:
Weighted Pistol Squats

Friday:
Handstand/DB Press (Shoulders)

Saturday:
Back/Front Neck Bridges

If anyone has a better structure for a low-equipment PPL, I'd be glad to hear it. I love myself some proper compound exercises like deadlifts, squats and OHP, but I don't have a gym.
If I had one exercise to do all my life, it would be deadlifts. Do not underestimate how much I like deadlifts. They are cocaine.
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:07 am

Looks solid, man.

You might shake things up with some different exercises to keep yourself entertained and to keep your body guessing, not letting it adjust to your routine. You might place more focus on your core strength too. The basics here are crunches and prone row (especially prone row!), but you can also do butterfly kicks, planks, and the like. The leg raises you've got are good shit for sure. If you even have a heavy book, this is more than enough weight to really work your core. Do inclined sit-ups with the book and when you reach the top, touch the book forward to the top of the incline, then when you come back touch the book back behind your head with your arms extended. This makes a fantastic workout.

Some other fun exercises would be spiderman push-ups, sustaining a headstand and preparing yourself for free handstand push-ups, planching, hindu squats, jumping squats and jumping lunges. Right now I'm pretty big on jumping squats although I do a lot with a bar on my shoulders now and jump up onto boxes. Speaking of, straight push-ups get a variety if you push up off the ground, onto an elevated surface, then back. Or, if you have a sports ball of any variety, do push-ups with one hand on the ball and the other on the ground. Switch back and forth. You can also get added value by doing them on your knuckles to strengthen your fists, ditto with wall push-ups.

You'll gain just by doing what you're doing, but variety is always fun I think.

Shade

Post by Shade » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Oooh, jeez. How the heck do you get raw eggs down?! And why?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:30 am

You've never heard of that before? Quite common for body builders & such, easy protein. I could never handle raw eggs myself, guess it's an acquired taste. Or you take them like oysters and just swallow them quickly without focussing on the taste.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:37 am

Xanatos wrote:Or you take them like oysters and just swallow them quickly without focussing on the taste.
This. You never acquire the taste, you just learn to cope and think of them as slimy protein supplements. I always finish up with a small glass of vegetable juice to erase the flavor and texture.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Where I'm from, we kill a lot less parasites in chickens. So drinking a glass of eggs for you is drinking a glass of salmonella for me.
I'm resorting to ramen as a quick-fix protein dump. It also works as chalk on the bar, go figure.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:17 am

Ok so I'm starting out a proper training and supplement schedule at least for physical exercise. I still have to chart the entire thing out since it's going to be pretty inclusive but in the meantime here's the basic idea:

Sunday
Afternoon run
BWE strength/cardio after I'm on certain supplements
Feeder workouts before bed.

Monday
Off day. This is the hardest day of my work week and I get plenty of exercise there.
Feeder workouts before bed anyway.

Tuesday
Gym in the morning - leg day. Compound power lifts followed by core isolation.
Evening run.

Wednesday
Gym in the morning - upper body day. Compound power lifts followed by core isolation and upper isolations.

Thursday
Afternoon run.
BWE strength and cardio once on certain supplements.

Friday
Gym in the morning - leg day. Compound power lifts followed by core isolation.
BWE strength and cardio once on certain supplements.

Saturday
Gym in the afternoon - upper body day. Compound power lifts followed by core isolation and upper isolations - whichever I didn't cover on Wednesday.
Feeder workouts in the evening.

Supplements will be timed appropriately to increase gains during exercise and speed recovery while off, I'll update with a complete schedule once it's finished. Currently I'm following this whole thing right now in general, but trying to optimize the supplement timing down to a science. Aforementioned "certain supplements" will include mitochondrial biogenesis uppers, nootropics, stimulants, ATP boosters, testosterone boosters, and SARMs. I'll cover the names and functions of these later in the apothecary as time allows. I'm also going to be "cycling" different supplements in throughout the summertime over longer periods as well.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun May 01, 2016 4:18 am

Still on track, here. Gains are good, I'll post some numbers after a month has passed so I have a good benchmark number for my first month. Right now a gallon of milk/kefir is working good but not nearly enough for my size so I've stepped things up a bit to match my bodyweight. Thanks to other items in my supplementing schedule, all bulking so far has been clean. No apparent cardio loss awhile running, jumping, or climbing yet. I need to start recording times and vertical so I can more properly gauge myself throughout the summer. Pumps are getting ridiculous, think I've added an inch to my arms already.

My current, basic supplementing schedule that admittedly needs some optimizing, but as is it's already pretty effective:

Morning:

2 Tabs Twinlab Tri-Boron Plus
>200IU Vitamin D
>500mg Calcium
>250mg Magnesium
>7.5mg Zinc
>250mcg Copper
>2.5mg Manganese
>1.5mg Boron
4 Tabs Youtheory Collagen
>60mg Vitamin C
>6g Collagen Type I, II, and III
3 Tabs Jin Bee Pollen
>Way too much shit to list, Google it.
2 Krill Oil Caps
>2g Krill oil
2 Horny Goat Weed w/Maca Root Caps
>1000mg Horny Goat Weed Extract
>250mg Maca Root Powder
>30mg Mucuna Pruriens
>20mg Polypodium Vulgare
>100mg Tongkat Ali
>100mg Saw Palmetto
>20mg Muira Puama Root
>20mg L-Arginine
>20mg Panax Ginseng
1 Biogenesis Tri-Zinc Cap
>30mg Zinc
>1mg Copper
>100mg Ginger
>100mg Gentian
>36mg Betaine
>30mg Enzyme Blend
2 Alpha-GPC Caps
>300mg Alpha GPC
>300mg Silicone Dioxide
1 Phenylpiracetam
>100mg Phenylpiracetam
Psychlonic's Special Recipe! (I don't know what the hell to call this...)
>Loose tolerance amounts of:
>Turmeric
>Black Pepper
>Ginger
>Cayenne
>Garlic
>Cinnamon
>Cocoa
>Teasel Root
>Plantain
>Houndstongue
>Comfrey
1 Vitamin C Cap
>1000mg Vitamin C

Often, I have a cup of hot matcha green tea afterward, often with chaga mushroom included.

Afternoon:

2 Tabs Twinlab Tri-Boron Plus
>200IU Vitamin D
>500mg Calcium
>250mg Magnesium
>7.5mg Zinc
>250mcg Copper
>2.5mg Manganese
>1.5mg Boron
4 Tabs Youtheory Collagen
>60mg Vitamin C
>6g Collagen Type I, II, and III
3 Tabs Jin Bee Pollen
>Way too much shit to list, Google it.
2 Krill Oil Caps
>2g Krill oil
2 Horny Goat Weed w/Maca Root Caps
>1000mg Horny Goat Weed Extract
>250mg Maca Root Powder
>30mg Mucuna Pruriens
>20mg Polypodium Vulgare
>100mg Tongkat Ali
>100mg Saw Palmetto
>20mg Muira Puama Root
>20mg L-Arginine
>20mg Panax Ginseng
1 Biogenesis Tri-Zinc Cap
>30mg Zinc
>1mg Copper
>100mg Ginger
>100mg Gentian
>36mg Betaine
>30mg Enzyme Blend
1 pTeroBlue Cap
>100mg Pterostilbene
1 Optimized Resveratrol w/Nicotinamide Riboside Cap
>250mg Resveratrol
>150mg Quercetin
>100mg NIAGEN Nicotinamide Riboside
>40mg Red Grape/blueberry extract
>10mg Fiseten
>.5mg Pterostilbene
1 Jarrow Ubiquinol + Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Cap
>100mg Ubiquinol
>10mg BioPQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone)
1 Flush-Free Niacin Cap
>500mg Niacin
>135mg Inositol
5 Scoops Milk Thistle Extract
>500mg Milk Thistle Extract

Before bed, I like to make a red reishi tea with chaga, mint, and orange peel essential oil.

Still here?

Eventually I'll be factoring in creatine daily, cordyceps in my teas, and other supplements that regulate my hormones a bit - temporarily - to increase gains as summer comes around. These supplements are high octane and will be covered when the time is appropriate. What I'm taking now already includes some experimental items that have me jacked to my maximum genetic potential as far as gaining is ever going to go along with the capacity to fuel the muscles with oxygen to fight fatigue and increase cellular energy levels, but we're going to go beyond that. Some items may have some surprising cross-over potential with project Euryphaessa which may lead to a method of bringing Vitamin A2 into the photoreceptors of the eye WITHOUT the need for Vitamin A1 depletion. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. :) Stay tuned.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 pm

The double-posting monologue continues!

As of this morning I'm up 20 pounds exactly from my starting point. If nothing else, the past 2 months have been extremely educational and I need to someday post some of the amazing exercises I've learned that have good crossover into the night ops world. Power-focused exercises that will increase jumping ability, arm explosiveness, and full body control. I'm also behind on my apothecary.

Footnotes from the past couple of weeks:

Massive testosterone boost
Estrogen lowered
Tons of protein
Added creatine
Olympic lifts
Explosive jumping exercises
Asymmetric explosive upper body exercises
Optimized cellular efficiency
Cramming extra oxygen into my muscles with cordyceps

High test + Phenylpiracetam + creatine + Niagen + PPQ/QH+ = God Mode
I've never felt so ridiculously powerful as I have on this combination after my regularly scheduled supplements and workouts. Seemingly infinite cardio and massive muscular endurance.

Puppet_Master

Post by Puppet_Master » Tue May 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Sounds like an awesome program.
Do you buy your kefir or do you make it? Keep me posted, I am interested in the results.
"Balance, in all things"
"I don't play video games, I do the real thing"

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue May 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Hey Puppet_Master, I make my own. I use whole milk and kefir grains I bought off amazon. It's pretty easy, but can get time consuming straining so much so often. Raw milk is even better if you can source it.

wfff024

Post by wfff024 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Wow! I just took creatine in the middle of my workout and the difference is incredible. It felt like I could go two or three times longer.
Fear is a reflex. Courage is a choice.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri May 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Hah, ok creatine isn't quite that effective. It's probably closer to a 20% boost in ability to perform multiple repetitions of a lift. Which is still significant especially when stacked on top of other things.

Edit - On the road to 250!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun May 29, 2016 5:33 am

One step forward, one step back. Right now my vertical jumping ability has taken a complete shit, but that's to be expected. I've been bulking so fast that nothing is really catching up. Somehow I still have good cardio but my muscles aren't used to the work so they fail a bit quicker. After next week, I'll be slowing down the bulk process and refocusing on functionality. Currently I'm still quite flexible and can run far and fast, but I can do better. I'll need to have the springs back in my legs for NOPCON II.

Current weight is just shy of 250 already, lean mass. I may take a picture wearing underarmour for PERSEC reasons to show I'm not full of shit over here with the gains. So far this plan is working out amazingly. Is it perfect? No, but I've taken a lot of excellent ideas off the web from experts who've been down this road. And I'll be doing the same to increase the performance of my new body, which should be exciting!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun May 29, 2016 6:36 am

Speaking of which, anything we attendees can do to prepare for NOPCON II? What sort of ops do you have in mind? Anything that requires a lot of jumping, climbing, crawling or long hikes?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun May 29, 2016 6:52 am

Xanatos wrote:Speaking of which, anything we attendees can do to prepare for NOPCON II? What sort of ops do you have in mind? Anything that requires a lot of jumping, climbing, crawling or long hikes?
Most of them won't be any more difficult than those encountered in the first NOPCON, so be ready for some moderate hikes into AOs, climbing fairly easy mode fences along the way and short crawls where needed to avoid detection. The current unknown is [The Temple]. I think average conditioning is sufficient but running cardio and the ability to vault will be invaluable in the event anything goes wrong. Be prepared for the worst kind of thing, as much as possible.

Of course, if people are on board we can push the athletic factor and do long distance hikes cross-country into new areas as well. There are endless remote targets to be had in that fashion and from a detection standpoint it's the safest option by far.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:58 am

This morning I officially tore into the 1000lb club! 270lb bench, 275lb squat, 455lb deadlift. The best part is that I still have plenty of gains in power on the table, I should be hitting 300lb bench in no time and I'll be honest in saying that my squat is shit weak for my size. That said, I never squatted enough when I was younger so my biggest obstacle is establishing that mind-muscle connection needed to really lift big, I think I could have squatted 300lb. this morning but left it at 275 because I knew I could meet the difference with a 455lb deadlift. I should be deep into the 300+ range though before very long which is a great feeling.

Progress is good!

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Psych, that's a commendable achievement. Tumeric and black pepper are going to be listed as PEDs.
How long did the journey to 1000 pounds take you?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:05 am

Lynx wrote:Psych, that's a commendable achievement. Tumeric and black pepper are going to be listed as PEDs.
How long did the journey to 1000 pounds take you?
Thanks, well it only took 2 months to be honest. Three, if you count the month I fucked around lifting and doing BWEs without the level of seriousness I do now. At my weight, the 1000lb club is considered beginner level for most powerlifters but I'm happy to say I've done it. My next immediate goal is to get 300, 400, and 500 on bench, squat, and deadlift. After that, I'd like to be able to bench 220 20 times, then eventually work my way up to a 400, 500, 600 1RM in the big three, bringing it up to a 1500lb total. I should actually be able to reach those lifts in a year without needing to gain any more mass if I stick with it.

This month I'm cooling down the bulking for a bit and focusing on power - less total muscle bulking. I'll get back to that later but right now I want to focus on jumping forward power cleans, jumping box squats, compound olympic lifts of course etc. And get back to running more as well, all while keeping the mass I've put on so far.

Unfortunately, my gains haven't gone unnoticed and now I've got several different people wanting to lift with me which I'm ok with but it might drag me down for a few days while I orient them with the gym and optimizing their gains. Hooray...

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Throw them out, they should have started a while ago.
Ever used gymnastics rings for training?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Lynx wrote:Ever used gymnastics rings for training?
I don't have access to them here, I wouldn't be adverse to it though. We do have a set of parallel bars, a peg wall for climbing, huge rope to the ceiling, and some other potentially neck breaking items to play with however. You can bet I'll be using them before too much longer, it's just a matter of me currently focusing on powerlifting at the moment and plyometrics while I also try to maintain conditioning sufficient for night ops. Outside of my home I have an array of surfaces and obstacles I used to stay passable in functional parkour plus I still run so I'm not entirely useless. Everyone here thinks I'm crazy because they know I run and I do not look like I should be able to anymore, but it is what it is.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Everyone here thinks I'm crazy because they know I run and I do not look like I should be able to anymore, but it is what it is.
You're in the 1000 pound club, and they're surprised you can run. I'm more surprised at how well you're handling your stack of supplements. Speaking of which, the Horny Goat Weed. I've heard that it raises Estrogen levels, wouldn't that be counterproductive? The Maca Root should be doing its job just fine without the goat weed, or are there any other benefits?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:48 am

Horny Goat Weed? There are a lot of studies showing how it increases testosterone in men, restores testicular function in the elderly, and even antagonizes estrogen. I looked into the matter and could only find an instance where in post-menopausal women it can increase estrogen, but I don't know the specifics. Plus, another benefit of HGW is that it increases nitric oxide levels in the blood stream, dilating vessels and allowing more blood to flow around. As far as herbal "boosters", I'm also taking of course maca root which is included in the caps as well as tongkat ali, L-arginine, Ginseng, Tribulus, Fenugreek, and Red Reishi. Along with these I'm supplementing zinc with other complimentary metals, and "novadex" (not to be confused with "nolvadex" - tamoxifen citrate) both of which are aromatase inhibitors and prevent the extra testosterone from being converted into estrogen, keeping my testosterone higher percentage-wise as much as possible.

There's a lot more going on too, I'll write out a much more thorough "supplement plan" after I'm completely finished with things I've learned and used with success. Right now it's just a lot to write and the plan is not for everyone. People are still scared of Ce6 so I imagine with that rate of use exactly zero people will have use for the information.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:04 am

I'm damn excited about Ce6 drops, but don't have the required chemistry to make it. One day though, I'll be troughing through your old posts for the recipe again.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:17 am

The biggest hurdle for me at the moment is nutrition. I've been at the same weight for over 4 months, and although I gained back the weight that I lost during my sickness, I'm stuck at 80kg.
I've gotten stronger but haven't gained a pound for 4 months. Referring to thermodynamics, the sole cause is me not eating enough.
Psych, I've researched meal plans for 'hardgainers', but SS+GOMAD is a no-go for me - there's no way I can afford to buy a gallon of milk a day. Do you know any alternatives to milk?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:54 am

Soy milk?

Just kidding, don't kill me.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Well, the next option would be to use protein powders to boost protein up from what the milk would give you and then I would eat lots of oatmeal. You should get enough fats in your macros from just your regular meals and you'll benefit more from the high carbs of hot cereal anyway. Protein powder costs a bit especially if you want to seriously bulk and take match 1g per 1lb bodyweight, but the cheapness of oatmeal should make up for it. Oatmeal is very unexciting though, however you might do say, half a gallon of milk a day in addition to everything else and save some there. Potatoes are also a fantastic carb source and dirt cheap. Fry them up every now and then to get some fats and you just have to worry about proteins once again.

The biggest convenience with GOMAD is that you just have to drink milk. You don't have to prepare anything and building up especially as a hard gainer, eating is just as important as lifting weights but it takes sooo much longer. Exercise is the easy part, hell I love hitting the gym, the road with my running shoes, hopping on my bike, etc. Learning to eat double your normal amount though is going to be really hard at first. You have to integrate it into your lifestyle if you hope to make significant gains. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Puppet_Master

Post by Puppet_Master » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:02 pm

I have read this thread over multiple times, but I do not see any reference to meat. I am wondering what your position is on it, (I am a vegetarian) and whether it is absolutely essential to build mass, of if there are other, better ways of getting protein.
"Balance, in all things"
"I don't play video games, I do the real thing"

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Puppet_Master wrote:I have read this thread over multiple times, but I do not see any reference to meat. I am wondering what your position is on it, (I am a vegetarian) and whether it is absolutely essential to build mass, of if there are other, better ways of getting protein.
No, it's really not essential at all and actually it's a relatively poor source of protein compared to eggs and milk. There are other vitamins and minerals in meat that are hard to find elsewhere, but it's my opinion you won't get enough and should supplement anyway if you're trying to bulk and so it's pointless anyway. I eat as much meat as any other regular person would, maybe even a little less just because I'm eating so much of everything else. If eggs and milk aren't allowed in your diet, it does get considerably harder to get high amounts of quality protein.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:34 am

Well here's the news:

Hit 295 on bench today after throwing my old max up just to see how it felt. When it went up easily, I piled on 25 more pounds.

On a more practical front, I've decided to try to relearn running as to better suit my new body. I'm taking up ChiRunning more or less (Pose Method is super similar) to improve my economy of motion but even more importantly, minimize joint stress. Trying to run three times a week at this point is simply too much for me. I'm hanging out around 252 pounds right now and running like a high schooler isn't going to work anymore. I think this is the solution I'm after to continue improving my running.

More info here:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H26liWMDH8U
I've also stepped up my plyometric exercises to put more explosiveness back into my legs. I find I can still jump up onto the highest boxes without half the trouble I anticipated so that's definitely positive. My general footwork speed is also still fast on exercises such as the dot drill.

Not a fatass yet!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:47 am

Triple post:

ChiRunning seems to make a difference although it's awkward learning. I've also gotten my hands on an elliptical machine and set it up inside of my house to help train my running muscles faster without coping with excessive impact of running. I'll still be running of course, but I'll supplement with elliptical use. My cardio seems to be holding up awesome, I just need to set my muscles up to be able to withstand repeated loads from running now because they begin to fail well before I reach my cardio limit.

Lynx

Post by Lynx » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:19 pm

252 poons of operative, I like it. What're you going to do with this new body of yours? I seems like you'd have no problem handling everything but overhang climbing.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Lynx wrote:252 poons of operative, I like it. What're you going to do with this new body of yours? I seems like you'd have no problem handling everything but overhang climbing.
I've always been a tinkerer of sorts my entire life. Whether it be messing with machinery, chemicals, metals, etc. In this case, it's my own body. What can I force a human body to do? That's my only goal here. I say "only" but it's by no means a flavor of the year pursuit. I want to be a high level athlete, even if I don't professionally play any sports. I want high end power with great speed, agility, and flexibility for my size along with the cardio to keep performing for long periods of time. Athletes who are 250+ and meet this criteria are considered elite tier, but there are enough of them out there that I feel 100% it's in my capability to reach that. The blueprints are set to follow and become that.

To that end, I'm still working on myself. In late August I'm going to try to pile on at least 20 more pounds and then begin an arduous cutting process. I'll be going onto the Athlean-X program that to me seems like the only legit athletic "90 day program" out there that burns fat but helps retain or even build muscle (I really don't want to be over 265 lean though). From there I'll probably continue a hybrid plan of powerlifting and Athlean-X drills I learn to improve on everything since I'm sure I'll still be well below my potential for the weight I'm at. You often see guys my current size lifting well over 400lb on the bench and far more on squats and deadlift. I still have a long way to go.

Once I get to THAT point and can run 5+ miles... well I really don't have any specific plans. Maybe start doing ridiculous shit for laughs like running Spartan runs or Tough Mudder solo. At this point I really just want to push myself further and further. I'm still pining to get back into Project: Euryphaessa too on top of all of this along with some other implant ideas.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:50 am

Currently most of my effort is gearing up for NOPCON physically while maintaining size and lifting power. More focus has gone into BWEs, plyometrics, isometrics, movement drills, and running. I knew in the beginning that becoming huge would have to be a lifestyle - I would have to adapt and train harder than ever to maintain my previous movement and that has held true. But so far, I'm moving pretty damn well for a big guy. That said... I highly recommend you do not bulk this large if you wish for optimal performance during operations.

Gains resume toward the end of August where I'll be going for 265. Until then, there won't be much to update with.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:17 am

Back in the saddle over here, gains are to resume shortly. NOPCON went surprisingly well for me physically considering I went in with mostly powerlifting and basic cardio. I hadn't yet been able to properly begin athletic training to become more agile and silent over obstacles but made it. Somehow. I think a lean 265 will work famously once I'm where I want to be.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the gym hard once again and before long I'm going on another bulking run. I'd like to reach 270+ and cut down from there by the end of September, afterward I can begin proper athletic training and focusing on sheer performance. I'm excited!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:53 am

Now that I'm loaded up on my supplements I'm back to having crazy energy and strength, adding a few more things this week to finalize the schedule and begin bulking. Feels fucking GOOD, 265 WILL happen!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:04 am

Knocking on 260, gains have been good so far. I should be in the mid-300 range on bench soon with significant improvements in squats and deadlifts too. As a side note, I apologize for the delays with the apothecary. Life has been pretty busy as of late leaving me without the time I'd like to do my re-write.

EDIT - Yeah, threw up 300 pounds today several times. Pretty sure I'll be throwing 350 up in like a couple weeks when I re-test my 1RMs.

EDIT 2 - Hit 405 in squats today after an upper body workout, had a piss poor leg day yesterday so I decided to go heavy on squats. I could have added more weight even but didn't feel like pushing myself needlessly. At this point I'm beyond my goal of 300, 400, and 500 so that's all I need to know. On to 400, 500, and 600!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:36 pm

I'm a little behind on keeping this updated. I hit 265 over the weekend which was amazing and ended up benching 340 on Tuesday. At the end of the month I'll be starting the Athlean-X program in addition to continuing powerlifting and more running. Now that I've basically completed a physical transformation, I feel a bit lost to be honest. Even though performance has always been the reason for this, it's been admittedly a lot of fun chasing 265 down. Never the less, now I will be chasing down better and better physical goals and resuming biohacking experiments to further improve myself. And now that my bulking is completed I can probably find time to update the apothecary finally.

Here's to an experimental operative build and at a relatively "senior" age, no less! Find out what happens as it happens!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:36 am

What body hacks do you have in mind for the future?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Looking into viral vectored genetic modification at the moment.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:39 pm

This shit is still going! 2016 still has gains to be found!

This morning I maxed my deadlift out at 570 after taking last week off from the gym to recharge myself. I'm planning to add healing peptides to my stack so I can train harder especially in running and agility drills. Trying to maintain my powerlifting, cardio, and agility work right now all at once is extremely difficult and I feel like I'm doing things the body isn't meant to do. But fuck that noise, we're going to do it anyway and the med tech is out there to make it happen.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:24 pm

Care to elaborate? Anything new for the alchemy table?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm developing an optimal protocol before I get started, if it shows promise I'll include the details. Should begin later this month if all goes well.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:04 am

Well 2016 is coming to a close. I've met most of my goals and see no reason to continue dragging this thread out so I'll let it die a natural death. Obviously I'll continue training on my end and improving but no need to turn this topic into my personal blog talking about new PRs and such. I've nearly doubled in strength in only 9 months, gained a total of 55lb (turns out I was 210 when I started, not 230 like I thought!), am faster, flexible, can jump higher, even run faster and just as far. Some tweaking was needed here and there to make it work and a fistful of supplements of drugs, but I got there. NOPCON II was also a good experience as I found some weak points in my conditioning I was able to attack and bring back up. I can honestly at this point look back and envy nothing from myself at any point prior.

Hope some of you other guys have improved physically as well and if you're on the road, get a topic going! If there's enough interest now or whenever anyone stumbles into this in the future, I can create a detailed "how to" protocol that anyone can use and adapt to their personal build that's guaranteed to build strength and mass if so desired along with ways to improve sprinting speed, vertical jumping ability, and bone strength - all refined from my personal experiences this year and part of last.

On to new heights and achievements!

EDIT - As a final statement, I realize this may all seem like a load of shit. However, several known forum members can vouch for at least the size gain having seen me before and after this topic was started. They can also verify that I didn't just Frog Tech into a big tub of lard!

EDIT 2 (March 27th, 2017) - Just throwing it out there, I benched 405 last week and deadlifted 615. It's been one year! While some of you were waiting around or couldn't find time, I've nearly doubled in strength. Come on! Stop making excuses and become a better you!