POP!!!

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Shade

POP!!!

Post by Shade » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 am

So I recently have had this 'pop' I make whenever I walk/sneak. My left bigtoe and ankle both make very the distinct sound, so I tried to see if anyone else had that problem. The answer was overwhelming, basically everyone would be like "Yeah, me too!" But whenever I see doctors talk about it they basically go "If it doesn't hurt, you're fine." But it kinda sucks to have people hear me walking anywhere. Nobody I've seen has found a way to stop it or muffle it.

It's caused by the nitrogen in the cushions between bones coming out in bubbles and snapping loudly. I can tire it out a bit, but it still appears, if less frequently.

TL;DR I make pops when I walk.

Has anyone else had this problem, or ideas to fix it? I would ask a doctor, but as I said they don't understand how important it is to fix it even though it doesn't hurt, and thus don't help. (Plus, try explaining to a doctor why you need to be stealthy.)

CookieThief

Re: POP!!!

Post by CookieThief » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:05 am

This happens to me all the time, I felt like a cartoon character tiptoeing around making so much noise. The way I fix it is to stretch before sneaking, do at least semi regular yoga, and other treatments that refer to joints (warm baths, hot pad etc). For the toes, I crack them like I would my fingers, scrunching them and p ressing on the ground.
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:38 am

Yeah, stretch before you op. Can you crack your toes - similar to cracking your knuckles? It helps.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Shade

Post by Shade » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:45 am

Huh, ok. I will go ahead and try this, and stretch them a bit more. Thanks guys!

NewbieNinja

Post by NewbieNinja » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:18 am

Dang, that sucks.. I once had a pop in my left shoulder. I was climbing a fence about 20 feet high. Slipped and hung on with my left arm, causing a "pop!" For about 7 months my left shoulder would hurt and pop if I move it a certain way. Though it's a different pop from yours, I was worried if it would ever leave...

Hope urs goes away soon....