Anyone tried picking a lock with hammers?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Lynx

Anyone tried picking a lock with hammers?

Post by Lynx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wNgp_L1Uw
So as far as I've understood, the lock is smashed from both sides and the spring is dunked away from the locking mechanism. Or?
Can any of you try this on some other locks? It seems like a pretty handy method, provided you've got two heavy objects with you.

Also found a lot of cool stuff.
http://www.sparrowslockpicks.com/category_s/61.htm
Don't take it too seriously, you're not coming out of it alive.

Xanatos

Re: Anyone tried picking a lock with hammers?

Post by Xanatos » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Hmm... a novel technique, but I wonder if it only works with certain types of padlocks. Also, seems you'd need a bit of space to swing your heavy objects of choice - if the lock in question is tucked away in a little nook or cranny then you'd have to resort to more traditional methods of bypass.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Illusion

Re: Anyone tried picking a lock with hammers?

Post by Illusion » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 am

Padlocks you're probably better off using a shim as a first resort, and then trying to hit the top of the locking mechanism on the off chance it's a warded lock pretending to be a pin-tumbler. (Lots of cheaper locks are exactly that, surprisingly.)

Hammer technique sounds interesting, but hitting metal with a hammer sounds like a nightmare. Same goes for carrying a hammer around.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."