Day Ops? tips?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
NewbieNinja

Day Ops? tips?

Post by NewbieNinja » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:22 am

I noticed some of the pic on the home page were taken during the day time... I'm guessing some of u guys do day ops too?
Day ops sound really hard... as you don't have the darkness to hide in.

Any tips on doing a day op? It got me curious in case I decide on doing one in the future.
And also, are there any advantages of day opping over night opping? The only thing I could think of is that ppl tend not to be home during the day, so you can liberate their stuff....

Xanatos

Re: Day Ops? tips?

Post by Xanatos » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:03 am

I usually reserve day ops for UrbEx targets that are abandoned and have routes of entry that are well shrouded with cover. Walking through dense bushland in camouflage is less noticeable than going through at night with a flashlight revealing your position. There's also generally more sound cover during the day and, of course, you can see where you're going. During the day you have to rely more on cover and camouflage to hide rather than darkness, although sticking to the shadows is still recommended.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Pontifleviticus

Post by Pontifleviticus » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Yeah, "Day Ops" are pretty much urban exploration or infiltration. Day ops aren't necessarily any more difficult than night, because as in most cases, everything varies op to op.

NewbieNinja

Post by NewbieNinja » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Thx 4 the tips. Sry, haven't been on for a while.

Absent

Post by Absent » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:54 am

I've probably done significantly more "day ops" than actual night ops. Camo and woods are useful. Most people disagree with me on here about this, but I generally will wear normal clothing when possible during any Op where I'm likely to be seen by the general public. Like tactical clothes, but nothing too abnormal. I have gone out in full gear a few times and haven't had any problems thanks to a lot of planning, though. Infiltration is incredibly fun for me.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:11 am

Casual clothes are fine as long as they're tactically sound and help mask your presence & identity. A hoodie, dark sneakers, jeans, a bandanna over the mouth and hobo gloves will work fine in concealing an operative in an urban environment provided they steer away from any bright or contrasting colours and protect their identity if spotted. However most of us usually go for a more 'tactical' look for two important reasons; camouflage offers a significant advantage over solids, and dressing conspicuously gives one more incentive to hide. It's a psychological buff to encourage one to remain hidden at all costs - if you're dressed casually one may make the mistake of thinking they can somehow 'bluff' their way out of a confrontation.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.