The Path less traveled.

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
CookieThief

The Path less traveled.

Post by CookieThief » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 am

This may sound confusing since I am not a great writer, but hear me out. So you have found your AO, got your gear, and know when you have a chance to leave base. The problem is how to you get there? By this I mean do you just walk or drive there then blend into the shadows or do you stay hidden all the way there? How does one find drains, paths, alleys or some route to take that is good for stealth travel? Do you dig a tunnel in your living room to your AO? What does an opper look for in the path they chose to take? Can they also create a path if it would help? If I am unclear in my question please let me know. Cheers!
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Re: The Path less traveled.

Post by Xanatos » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 am

Since I live in a densely urban area, it's virtually mandatory to just walk along the street. I conceal my gear underneath a long coat or otherwise dress inconspicuously and unidentifiably as an operative. Once I reach the AO or a suitable thieve's highway (out of sight of any potential witnesses) I then don my gear proper and start the op. Other people live in such a location that they can leave the house fully geared up and make their way unseen - Ghost is an advocate of this option. I used to live in such a location where I could reliably do so, however I've since moved to a less-than-ideal location for opping and so had to make my way to various targets hiding in plain sight.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.