Telephone booth

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
CookieThief

Telephone booth

Post by CookieThief » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:47 pm

So you are in your "day" clothes and have to quickly change into your gear. Should you wear stuff under your clothes or wear clothes that can double as sub par gear and carry things like a mask to supplement it?
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Absent

Re: Telephone booth

Post by Absent » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:24 am

I've done both, but I prefer the latter. Kind of easier to get away with and it's less of a hassle. Unless you're in an environment where the gear is necessary, I'd say just wear hybrid clothes if possible. I mostly prefer it because I do ops in urban areas, and I basically just plan for the possibility of getting caught. It'd look less bad without a whole set of separate gear.

CookieThief

Post by CookieThief » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:09 am

What are some good hybrid sets?
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:10 am

I usually wear a long coat over my standard gear and take it off once reaching the AO. Saves a lot of hassle.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:06 am

I've usually mixed 50/50 when I've needed to civ up in order to reach my area of operations. For example, my bottom half will be black BDU pants, black running shoes, and my gear belt, with my gloves and balaclava in one cargo pocket and my combat shirt in the other. On top I'll wear an untucked casual button up shirt, which looks normal with black pants and hides my gear belt. When I get to my AO, I simple throw the rest of my gear on and stash the shirt, then start my op. I'm not a huge fan of social stealth on ops though, as I think it takes away from what opping is really about. I tend to avoid it unless there is no conceivable way I can op all the way to the target and back, and even then I only use it to get within my AO.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Sa'Kage

Post by Sa'Kage » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:47 am

Ghost wrote:I've usually mixed 50/50 when I've needed to civ up in order to reach my area of operations. For example, my bottom half will be black BDU pants, black running shoes, and my gear belt, with my gloves and balaclava in one cargo pocket and my combat shirt in the other. On top I'll wear an untucked casual button up shirt, which looks normal with black pants and hides my gear belt. When I get to my AO, I simple throw the rest of my gear on and stash the shirt, then start my op. I'm not a huge fan of social stealth on ops though, as I think it takes away from what opping is really about. I tend to avoid it unless there is no conceivable way I can op all the way to the target and back, and even then I only use it to get within my AO.
"Death or failure, whichever comes last." Eh?