Hidden gear.

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
CookieThief

Hidden gear.

Post by CookieThief » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Most people know the trick of hiding something in your sleeve and holding it. How would one store picks, knifes or something else without it showing, hindering movement or falling out?
The world is dark until your eyes adjust.

Xanatos

Re: Hidden gear.

Post by Xanatos » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 am

I carry mine in my pocket or clipped onto my belt (for slower paced ops that don't require a lot of climbing & jumping about). Doesn't matter if they're hidden or not, you should be taking steps to remain hidden yourself anyway.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 am

I've carried my gear several different ways, and I always go back to the gear belt. It's pretty easy to find pouches that stay in place and fit your gear perfectly. The only time I'll stick something in a pocket is when it's sized very similarly to the dimensions of the pocket, won't shift around when I run/climb/crawl, and most importantly when the pocket has some sort of retention feature like buttons or a zipper. As such, front pockets should almost never be used, and cargo pockets are only good for large, light items like gloves, balaclavas, ect. Gear retention is HUGE on ops, and losing gear in the field is irresponsible and amateurish.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:18 am

Big fan of drop leg pouches here. A quick Amazon search will bring up tons of options in the $20-25 range.

When carrying something, particularly a blade or long tool, in my hand and outside of the sheath I tend to carry it in reverse grip with the blade/shaft/whatever running up my forearm as to make it more or less impossible to see at N/O distances.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Shade

Post by Shade » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:43 pm

I have a security guard belt I carry tons of stuff with. I got my light, knife, phone, walkie talkey (when duo opping), picks, and more.