Great info for preping for a high pressure/risk op.

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Atmos

Great info for preping for a high pressure/risk op.

Post by Atmos » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:15 pm

http://www.sportsofficialsuk.com/resour ... ration.htm

Ok yeah it says sport on the tin, but replace the word match with op and there is some very good helpful info for new oppers like myself.
viciouscircle.gif
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD

Xanatos

Re: Great info for preping for a high pressure/risk op.

Post by Xanatos » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:20 am

Indeed. The best way to deal with mistakes is accept and learn from them. Don't let any fuck-ups keep you down.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:27 pm

there's another one of these, that I was taught when I learned to dive. It's extremely similar as it handles panic while diving, and how this could spiral out of control and land you in serious trouble unless you manage to break this downwards stress spiral. It's better to take a few seconds to calm down underwater, Something that became especially important after I learned how to make dives with stops. During which you don't always have the luxury of ascending straight up. Increased breathing due to stress could upset your buoyancy and carry you up beyond control. I failed this often when I practiced switching gasses. Which was a big obstacle for me and always made me very nervous.

I'll see if I can take a picture from my book and upload this spiral later when I can get my hands on said book.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

TheBurnedMan

Post by TheBurnedMan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:23 pm

there was an exercise i was taught for managing stress, or learning to deal with it. basically you breathe in for an amount of time, say 9 seconds, hold with your lungs full of air for 9 seconds, exhale for 9 seconds, and hold with your lungs empty for 9 seconds. square breathing. you can start lower or higher but you want to be increasing the amount of time. the idea is that when doing this your body puts you under stress, you want to breathe normally especially when you are holding your lungs empty and when you are breathing in your body is telling you to breathe faster, your body is telling you you need to breathe in right now much like it might tell you that you need to run immediately or that you should just freeze when you think you have been spotted, if you are thinking clearly you know this is an option but not your only option, in short this is one way to train yourself to think instead of just acting under stress and to manage the reflexes that might not be the best thing to do.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Atmos

Post by Atmos » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:03 am

Hmm very interesting. Square breathing sounds like something that might work. I didnt realise diving was so complicated o.O
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD