Counter-Tracking - The Fish Hook

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Æternaeon

Counter-Tracking - The Fish Hook

Post by Æternaeon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am

Paranoid someone is following you? Can hurt to perform a fish hook maneuver to attempt to foil their attempt at tracking you. Rather than bellow air on the subject, here's a good explanation from someone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjxHGbJf0Vw

This is geared toward bugging out, but can apply to night ops as well. On a smaller, less outdoorsy setting, buildings, overpasses, etc. can be used as your hook point.

The chances of being tracked at night without knowing it are extremely slim, but the possibility exists. This is especially true and the technique at minimum reassuring to know if you've failed and had to escape the area of operations. In a scenario like this, there could be a K-9 patrol looking for you and following your trail because at that point they know for sure you exist and may still be in the area. You're not a "possibility" anymore from making a sound, you fucked up and were seen.

The video mentions the possibility of engaging. Instead, you can use this window not to attack, but to employ some kind of diversion. Anything from firing a slingshot with a 45 degree trajectory to make sounds on the other side of them to activating remote controlled devices that will bring their search to a temporary halt while you escape in the opposite direction.
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Neurotic Anomaly

Re: Counter-Tracking - The Fish Hook

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:57 am

Link is dead.

Here is another Counter-tracking technique. Not the same one, but still worth its weight in digital currency. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GK8rX0BeWE
שד ציד

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Link is still working fine for me. Anyone else?
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Works fine for me.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:17 pm

I was receiving a 404 for some reason last night. My mistake guys.
שד ציד

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:03 pm

I dunno if it's related, but i've been having trouble accessing a lot of unrelated websites lately. perhaps it's an infrastructure issue.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."