Plans Change? Go home.

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Roxas

Plans Change? Go home.

Post by Roxas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Ok this is just what i believe IMO
Lets say you wanna hit up a house. You plan for it too be empty.
Oh no! shit. Theres a party happening a hundred people are there..i guess my plans changed.
I believe if my plans change i shouldnt go car shopping. Or skinny dipping. I think i should go home because YOU planned on hitting up that house. You didnt do recon on the pool or cars and what not. What if you get busted.

In this reason is why i say
"plans changed? Go home and plan another day.
Anybody agree/disagree?
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Xanatos

Re: Plans Change? Go home.

Post by Xanatos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:06 am

If you didn't do any recon on the other targets then do it while you're already out & geared up. It'd be a wasted evening otherwise.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:48 am

I feel like that'll make for a lot of wasted effort. i intentionally make my plans "loose", with a lot of leeway for last-minute changes. The ability to improvise and adapt is crucial to success on ops, and experience is the best teacher.

I'll be perfectly honest, roughly 50% of my ops are done without any prior planning at all, aside from which general area i'll be opping in, and maybe a vague idea of what i'd like to check out. I'd recommend it if you can't shake that feeling of "i need a plan in place to stick to."
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Ghillie

Post by Ghillie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:48 am

Do something else.
I know what i said was quite vague, but there are many possibilites when you have your gear ready.
Recon.
Just dont waste your time.

Roxas

Post by Roxas » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 am

Ou know what guys your all right. Idk what i was thinking...assuming i even was...
The problem with trying to be the bad guy, is that there is always someone worse

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 am

Yeah I hardly plan in advance. Just have an idea of what you want to do and then go get a feel for it to see if it is right or not. Rely on your gut.
Keep 'em chained, boys!