Dealing with creaky floor boards i can access

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Atmos

Dealing with creaky floor boards i can access

Post by Atmos » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Im having some problems with exiting my house. The most important thing about covering up ops is an alibi, so i need to leave my house without any suspicion. Problem is there is a 8m hallway i HAVE to cross and its really creaky, its the only way. Ive asked for some ninja tabi for xmas, but that obviously wont completely fix the problem, any ideas at all would be great. There has to be absolute minimum noise.
Thanks
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD

Xanatos

Re: Dealing with creaky floor boards i can access

Post by Xanatos » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Stick close to the walls, the floorboards are more stable there. Spread your weight slowly when you move and, if possible, try supporting your weight with your hands on something else (walls, railing, furniture, etc) to reduce the amount of pressure your feet put on the boards. Try walking across them during the day when nobody is around to identify any trouble spots for you to avoid.

Alternatively you can try finding some other route out of the house, but I suspect you've already tried this.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Atmos

Post by Atmos » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Brilliant idea! thanks a bunch this helps alot

Atmos

Post by Atmos » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Just for the record i lower myself down onto the groundfloor windowsill, then to the ground from my bedroom now :P :wink:

Æternaeon

Post by Æternaeon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:34 am

So you're able to leave without trouble, then?
Sacrifice the body, not the heart.