Need some help on night ops?

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Backspacez

Need some help on night ops?

Post by Backspacez » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 pm

I'm confused about night ops. What kind of places do these type of people break into? Say you break into a Target for a night op, do you intent to steal, explore? What?

All definitions are very vague. The should of it, it sounds pretty cool but I'd like some help.

Xanatos

Re: Need some help on night ops?

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:40 am

Night Ops, as officially defined, is like Urban Exploration taken up a notch or two. The goal of a night op is to infiltrate an area, explore and then exfiltrate without being detected and without leaving any trace of an intrusion. If your goal is to steal, sabotage or otherwise alter the environment you're infiltrating or if your intent is malicious in nature then it classifies as a 'Black Op'. While such behaviour isn't exactly encouraged here, it is relevant to an operative's nature and so such discussions are kept in the 'Bad Ideas' section.

Purely hypothetical in nature, of course. :wink:
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Secant
Admin

Post by Secant » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 am

What specifically constitutes a night op? It's a question of intention, really. If you infiltrate an area just to see it and experience it, that could be a night op. If you want to learn something from the area, that could also be a night op. If you're bored and looking for something interesting to do, that could also be a night op. We only draw the line at theft and vandalism, as Xanatos mentioned.

Post in this forum (The Art of Night Ops) if you have questions about anything, and if you want some ideas to start off with, check out the Dare Ops forum.

Anthony Sykes

Post by Anthony Sykes » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:36 pm

I feel like it's something where get into a place, leave no evidence behind, and no reason for anyone to realize you were ever there.