Night Ops: Final Homework Assignment

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Xanatos

Night Ops: Final Homework Assignment

Post by Xanatos » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:32 am

Lesson:

Well, if you've been keeping up with the program you should've refreshed your mind, toned your body and sharpened your wits. Hopefully you've learned something new along the way as well. Just because the course is over doesn't mean I want you to give up your training. Make an effort to be at the peak of your physical & mental ability not only for your lifestyle as an operator, but for your general well-being.

Homework:

I have no more assignments to give. The only task you have to do now is to step into the darkness and embrace the night, with all it has to offer.

Stay safe, stay sharp, stay stealthy. Sayonara.

Brotips: * If you haven't already, check out the Dare Ops sub-forum in 'Experiences', a fun way to train and indulge in the darkness.

Class dismissed.

Previous weeks:
Week 1 - Observation
Week 2 - Hearing
Week 3 - Fitness
Week 4 - Agility
Week 5 - Vision
Week 6 - Gear
Week 7 - EXAM

Extra Credit - Tactility by Pontifleviticus
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Atmos

Re: Night Ops: Final Homework Assignment

Post by Atmos » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Read all of these been following through all day :) really original post
<- Shaco could op like a boss xD

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:39 am

Cool, although the training I outlined isn't a 1-day affair. Mind posting about your experiences in the relevant threads? (don't worry about necromancy) Any obstacles, challenges or realisations you face can help others develop as operatives too.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Atmos

Post by Atmos » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 am

Ive actually had a lot of discipline with all of these assignments been doing them every day since :)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:01 am

Splendid. Come across any challenges or obstacles?

Atmos

Post by Atmos » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 pm

obstacles? As silly as this sounds now ive been doing this stuff for a while ive more or less round a way round alot of problems, every room is now a mix of hiding spots from the various entrance points, lighting arrangements and ambient sounds i dont think ive noticed before.

Absent

Post by Absent » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:24 am

Since I've been AWOL after my short introduction a few years ago, I guess I'll get back into the swing of things by going through all of these.
I never stopped going on ops, although lately I have to admit I have fallen off and stopped. A mix of things changed and it's really cut down on
my outings. I need to get back into it and this seems like the perfect way. This and dare ops, which I'll also start getting back into.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 am

I'd love to get back into dare ops, but I still haven't replaced my camera from NOPCON.

Nightstalker 1
Location: An extensive search has been made. We have found nothing.

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:11 pm

This was great for me as I am not very experienced.

thanks Xanatos!!
There are hunters and there are victims. By your cunning, you will decide whether you are a hunter or a victim.

Vengeance
Location: Every night look into the darkness and know I'm out there.

Post by Vengeance » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:44 am

I need to add all of these to my schedule soon.
I'll post updates.
It's the nature of this beast to feed upon the will to numb it, this monster brought the seed of life, well now i have become it.