Want to start Opping

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
erypmav

Want to start Opping

Post by erypmav » Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 pm

i want to start doing night ops but dont know what to do or where to start
im always awake every night.

Neurotic Anomaly

Re: Want to start Opping

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 pm

It's really not all that complicated in the beginning. Most of the users here, myself included, do more dangerous operations for which there is a whole host of examples. Each laced with their own personal objective(s) to complete.

That is not at all necessary as even I still run 'fair-weather' ops most of the time. It's good for the skills, nerves, and senses and serves to help relieve any veteran's paranoia that may rear up.
It is definitely recommended that you begin with simple operations at night since you appear to still be neophyte at this type stuff, so a peak in the dare ops thread you help immensely. http://night-ops.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

Starting a first an Op doesn't have to be difficult. At least a fair amount of planning should go into preparing an op. And an even higher amount of vigilance should be held on the op itself (an example of which would be to not fall asleep in a rug hanging from a line. They know who I'm talking to. 8) )
Any old/abandoned structures around your home or town are excellent targets for any level opper. Just select a place or area that you know fits your skill level. Parks are also liable opping grounds, just take police and walkers into consideration when planning.

What can be done on an op is entirely up to the opper in question. Like I said, several people here often do ops that usually end up with them checking the newspaper every day for a week and a half. Myself included in that. Since you're new to this, just keep things simple.
Objectives are part of the planning done before an op and can range from simple exploration, all the way to the stuff you seen in the Bad Ideas thread.
Once you establish where you want to go, you then think about what you're going there for. That's where objectives come in, and they are really dependent on the place as well. That's also when you decide what to bring and begin to set up contingency plans, but those are separate topics.

Basically, just read around the site, especially the Night Ops and urban Exploration thread to get a feel for what others do. Just remember to always keep things within your range of abilities.

I hope you find this place useful in learning. Good luck on your Ops.
שד ציד

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu May 03, 2012 8:06 am

^ What he said.

If you have no previous opping experience then it's best to just go out for walks at night (shouldn't be a problem since you seem to have trouble sleeping anyway). Gradually walk through darker, more secluded areas until you get accustomed to the night, then attempt to hop a fence into somebody's backyard or perhaps a school when you work up enough confidence. Once you do that then escalation comes into play on its own.

Find your limits and work from there. If you're struggling with objectives or target locations you should definitely check out the Dare Thread (in 'Experiences'), lots of fun to be had there.

Stay safe.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

erypmav

Post by erypmav » Thu May 03, 2012 3:23 pm

thanks. it doesnt really sound hard as it seems.
i know exactly where to start opping but i dont know what to do in there yet

Nukes

Post by Nukes » Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 am

We (teutoni, spetsnazbear, and I) like going in older buildings and houses and just looking at the history in them. We've found old books, manuals, notes, and I found a will once. Even if you don't find anything keepsake worthy, I find it interesting just imagining what the place was like when it was in use.
Hey you! Yes YOU! Go here... http://night-ops.net/chat/