Night Ops: 1st Homework Assignment

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Sicarius
Location: Possibly on a distant Mediterranean shore... one day

Re: Night Ops: 1st Homework Assignment

Post by Sicarius » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:34 pm

NewGuy wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:13 am
I meant it has a more pronounced effect, it was bright enough to get rid of peoples night vision, but the shadows were more pronounced on the lower end due to the sun just starting to rise. It seems like the perfect combo, get rid of peoples night vision while creating more large shadows!

Day 6

Spent the whole day studying, drawing, and playing video games. I rarely left my desk.

- Noticed the contents on the back of a bag on sunflower seeds. They are high calorie for the amount you need to put into yourself. I'm thinking I might grind them into a powder and add them to a few recipes I use to make high calorie/protein/fat snacks I carry in my EDC.
- I couldn't find my drawing glove to work with my tablet, so I decided to use an old mask from early covid as a makeshift one, the drawing gloves only cover the lower hand after all, you don't really need to cover the fingers for them to work. The adjustable straps allowed me to easily wrap it around my palm and wrist. The glove is just so you don't smudge the tablet.
- I read somewhere that red light affects your night vision significantly less than normal light. I decided to test this, and it seems to be true! I took two flashlights, one red, and one normal. After sitting in the dark for half an hour to let my eyes grow accustomed to it, I would turn on the flashlight and test out which worked better. While the normal one let me see better while it was on, the red one didn't kill my night vision when I turned it off.

Main takeaways

- If I have to use a flashlight I should pick one with a red light when applicable. Though the more intense light of a regular flashlight could be a great offense/defense
- It's foolish to think that a tool only has one use
- I could upgrade my emergency food! Could be handy for anything more long term.
It is true, red light is the best for preserving night vision. I do agree though, the white light is better for combat purposes. I imagine the red would still work, just maybe not as well.
"If one cannot be both, it is much better to be feared than loved" - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:57 pm

NewGuy wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:13 am
- I could upgrade my emergency food! Could be handy for anything more long term.
Semechki is an operator's best friend! viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2009
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

NewGuy

Post by NewGuy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Day 7

Nothing much happened today, I didn't really notice anything that I have not already covered in previous posts, that is unless you count recognizing patterns in some video games, or certain patterns to how some kanji is structured.

I see you also think Bandit radio is best radio!