Buiding a team/finding a partner

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
II CraftyCommando II

Buiding a team/finding a partner

Post by II CraftyCommando II » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:18 am

is craigslist an appropriate place to build a team of find a partner?
platonic ads could be used...
We’re all miserable together.

It’s the opposite of a victimless crime.

mroctoberfest

Re: Buiding a team/finding a partner

Post by mroctoberfest » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 pm

I would personally not want to contact complete strangers over the internet and invite them to perform borderline-illegal activities late at night. Find someone that you know, but aren't friends with perhaps?

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm

These communities are really the only place I'd consider discussing such matters with people. Unless you know like-minded guys in person, a lot of other people will shut you down. Trust and loyalty are paramount. I'm discussing a meet up with another guy who used to post on here for the first time and we've spoken for nearly six years.

The thing is, so many people think in their head that they want to do stuff like this. But often, these same people are complete idiots. They don't want to do it right and when it's over they'll want to run their mouth at any opportunity to impress people. This is dangerous. You need people who know how to keep their mouth shut, people who know it's not some game and they know what's at stake. It should seem obvious, but it's not. Most people just don't get it.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Absent

Post by Absent » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:20 am

Psychlonic wrote:These communities are really the only place I'd consider discussing such matters with people. Unless you know like-minded guys in person, a lot of other people will shut you down. Trust and loyalty are paramount. I'm discussing a meet up with another guy who used to post on here for the first time and we've spoken for nearly six years.

The thing is, so many people think in their head that they want to do stuff like this. But often, these same people are complete idiots. They don't want to do it right and when it's over they'll want to run their mouth at any opportunity to impress people. This is dangerous. You need people who know how to keep their mouth shut, people who know it's not some game and they know what's at stake. It should seem obvious, but it's not. Most people just don't get it.
This. Seriously. Finding kids who play CoD and want to do something exciting like this is easy, finding someone who's interested, and actually has the aptitude and professionalism to carry it out the right way, carefully, and knowledgeably, without telling anyone and without cutting corners is a different story entirely.

The Atomic Fishy

Post by The Atomic Fishy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:21 am

no. the issue is trust must be absolute, the reason people op alone is because they trust only in them selfs aboslutely people who have partners trust in them as much as they trust them self.

this bond to have aboslute trust can not be made over the internet.

as some of you may know i have a partner with whom i op with frequently. but the relationship to get there were we op together was long and complicated.
my kunoichi partner i have known for years before we started oping together, we even dated for a while. i did not even let her know that i op untill she spilled the beans that she liked to run around at night by her self with out prompting by me. even then i eased both of us into working together.
even when we decited to be op partners and that we trusted one another absolutely we did not work together untill we trianed together, a lot.

it was not untill we both trusted one another 110% and we trained together untill we operated as one unit, did we operated together in the field.

that kind of relationship is not one to take lightly, you have to trust each other absolutely with your life, body, and freedom. after that you have to train untill you know what each person can do instictively, were each person can go with out fear, and how to negotate a obsticle as one unit.

it is possable to find and it is amazing when you do.

TL;DR: dont choose lightly, take your time and trust the person with absoultes.
in a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society.
NO hobo codes-http://no.surgen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=6527#p6527
Op tag: ATOMFIS

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 am

I've only ever used close friends for opping, and even then obviously not all of them have been suited to it. But trust is paramount, like The Atomic Fishy stated. If you have someone you can trust who happens to have a lot of parallel interests with you, that would be a good place to start. I've found that all of my friends who i've opped with have also been interested in things like parkour, martial arts, outdoor activites, military, ect. There certainly seems to be a "night ops profile", at least among people i've met.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

NightKnight

Post by NightKnight » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:25 pm

I guess you could use NONET to find people, i live in the uk and ive seen a couple other posters who live here, if your in america your in luck it seems most people on this hail from there.
Night, a more perfect day.

Teutoni

Post by Teutoni » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:38 am

I would suggest finding somebody you trust and trying to get them into it. Really if you know they can keep a secret at the least that is a good start. Once they find themselves enjoying it you can get them to become more serious and professional about it. Start them off slow and easy just in case and see where it goes.
Keep 'em chained, boys!

II CraftyCommando II

Post by II CraftyCommando II » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:39 am

teutoni wrote:I would suggest finding somebody you trust and trying to get them into it. Really if you know they can keep a secret at the least that is a good start. Once they find themselves enjoying it you can get them to become more serious and professional about it. Start them off slow and easy just in case and see where it goes.
i have a few people in mind, i just cant figure out how to bring it up. Any thoughts?
We’re all miserable together.

It’s the opposite of a victimless crime.

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:13 pm

If they are someone you hang with frequently, you can try my approach. Don't even mention the term "Night Op" to them. Have them believe that the two of you are just "going out" for a night to roam around. Many friends do this, especially around my neighborhood where you can often look out a window at midnight and see a group of teens walking down the street, and it is easy to learn what he/she is or is not willing to do. Start suggesting ideas while you're out walking, things that are close to what you may do on NO. Starting subtly and increasing as you feel comfortable.

For example, something simple would be suggesting looking around an old house, or a person's backyard. Suggest this while you're out and see what they think.
You say that you can't figure out how to bring it up. Now I may be wrong, but that tells me you at least expect the possibility of the subject no jiving well with them. If that's so, then it's all about progression.
שד ציד

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Perhaps start real slow, by roaming around in woods type areas and exploring with them. Then escalate it into exploring abandoned structures, stuff that's truly abandoned, no security, that sort of thing. Then take it up another notch, start doing some UE on buildings that are a little less easily accessed. From there, find one you can do at night. After that, it's just a matter of wearing ninja gear, and shifting the focus from exploration to stealth.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Neurotic Anomaly

Post by Neurotic Anomaly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Indeed. If they are your intended future opping partner, sooner or later you are going to have to bring up the subject of night ops. Maybe even introduce them to this site, if they are willing to treat this professionally. So yes, it is to progressively instill interest in them, but even more so to make sure you've established a solid foundation of trust. Everything else will ultimately build off that.

I have an opping partner that I'm personally re-evaluating right now. He's known about NO for a while now, and he's even been on risky Ops with me; however, I'm beginning to doubt his trustworthiness. He won't rat me out willingly, I can 100% trust this guy as a friend in that sense. But I'm worried about him coming under pressure, would he succumb? These are just some things to think about when evaluating a partner. Always start with trust, not necessarily interest.
שד ציד