Maintaining silent footwear

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
V-S

Maintaining silent footwear

Post by V-S » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:40 am

I'm curious to know if anyone has tips or tricks as to keeping small debris such as fine gravel from sticky to the bottom of footwear?

It's so annoying walking through moist grass, then onto gravel or road, and having that crunching sound with every step. One solution I can think of is taking a small brush with you to brush it off, though it won't be long before it's all back on there again if transiting through different terrains.

Maybe putting large socks over your shoes might help, but damn that would look goofy.
The Sun is down, time to go to work.

Xanatos

Re: Maintaining silent footwear

Post by Xanatos » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:34 am

Wearing shoes with hard but smooth soles with minimal treads. If you can't find shoes like that, you can sand down existing soles to the point they're a bit more smooth and less likely to catch debris. You may lose a bit of grip, but everything's a compromise.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.