Tips for Beginners

Exchange the techniques and skills needed to walk the shadows. Post your guides and how-tos here.
Post Reply
Nightstalker 1
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Location: In your shadow. I'm always near.
Contact:

Tips for Beginners

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Do any of you experienced guys have any training tips for a newbie like me?

Love to hear thoughts and advice!
The Night is my ally-The Nightstalker

spartan_ninja45
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by spartan_ninja45 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 am

I don't have much experience compared to the veterans on the forum, but something I've been mindful of/practicing lately is pushing my body to function under various difficult circumstances. Learning meditation should be a prerequisite to this. It boils down to going days without sleep, fasting, etc. And when I feel weak I do some practice ops or conditioning in my apartment. The goal is to sharpen your meditation to the point that you can carry out a multiple day op or recon mission without needing much of anything, and still being able to sustain physical effort in spite of the exhaustion. Basic mental toughening. Xanatos talked about a similar thing a few months ago iirc, maybe you could expand on that @xanatos

Nightstalker 1
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Location: In your shadow. I'm always near.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:32 am

that still helps

thanks!
The Night is my ally-The Nightstalker

User avatar
Xanatos
Moderator
Posts: 2523
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:51 am
Location: The last place you look.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Xanatos » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:29 pm

You mean these?
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Nightstalker 1
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Location: In your shadow. I'm always near.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:51 pm

thanks Xanatos!
The Night is my ally-The Nightstalker

Zurn
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:51 am
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Zurn » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:51 am

thanks

MustacheOperator3
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:12 am

Nightstalker 1 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm
Do any of you experienced guys have any training tips for a newbie like me?

Love to hear thoughts and advice!
Just work hard to acquire skills, and don't overlook your physical conditioning. And remember, emotional/mental conditioning can be just as useful as physical conditioning. Run, work out, hike, whatever it takes. Develop and foster a warrior mindset. Victory (which includes a clean getaway) above all else.

There are some skills you will probably want to pick up:

1) Unarmed combatives.
2) Armed combatives.
3) Close quarters battle tactics.
4) Military strategy (learn about things like formation, flanking, encirclement, advancing, retreating, taking objectives, METT-TC, higher level theory etc).
5) Breaching (picking locks, use of explosives or incendiaries like TH-3 thermate, thermic lances, frangible breaching loads for a short shotgun).
6) Survival. Because you never know when a 4 hour mission might turn into an overnight survival threat.
7) SECRECY! OPSEC! Use TOR on the Internet, don't tell anyone who can ID you about your exploits, that sort of thing. Be smart.
8) Learn how police investigations work and develop countermeasures to particular threats.
9) Learn the basics of conducting reconnaissance, combat patrols, infiltration, social engineering.
10) Always look for multiple ways to accomplish a mission. Don't re-use the same old tricks or the police will catch on and discover a pattern.
11) Take a crash course on jamming radio signals and learn to disable the vast array of "security trinkets" people use these days (Ring doorbell, wireless cameras, wireless alarms, etc) along with their phones, WiFi, etc
12) Get a hardwired alarm panel (something like a Honeywell Vista 20P is a common one) and practice bypass. Learn to bypass or exploit the sensors that trigger alarms
13) Practice tapping hard phone lines
14) Practice disabling hard phone lines
15) Practice handling electricity safely and then learn to disable a home/business electric power (pull the power meter out of the socket and don't touch those contact points...200A is lethal)
16) Learn a niche skill. Could be SCUBA diving, rappelling, that sort of thing. Both are immeasurably useless until they aren't anymore. Either of those skills may save your life or help you complete a mission some day.

There is so much I am leaving out. I am sure.

OH! AND, as Xanatos said...LOOK HERE: https://nightops.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1287 :)

Nightstalker 1
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Location: In your shadow. I'm always near.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:40 am

I think it's all great advice...some of those things are pretty easy as I already know a good deal on it but this is really great!

I really appreciate the advice...especially from one of the more experienced operatives on the site.
The Night is my ally-The Nightstalker

MustacheOperator3
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:46 pm

Just make sure nobody burns themselves out! Its great...because most people here have a true love and passion for operating. But it really gets lucrative when you start pulling down hundreds or thousands of dollars in loot/cash/drugs/whatever

Although NO doesn't pay my bills, it does give me a buttload of disposable assets and dark money to use on whatever the heart desires :D

User avatar
Shadow Scout
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Shadow Scout » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:47 pm

MustacheOperator3 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:46 pm
Just make sure nobody burns themselves out! Its great...because most people here have a true love and passion for operating. But it really gets lucrative when you start pulling down hundreds or thousands of dollars in loot/cash/drugs/whatever

Although NO doesn't pay my bills, it does give me a buttload of disposable assets and dark money to use on whatever the heart desires :D
You really sound like an online LARPer. Maybe you aren't, but you definitely trigger my bullshit detectors. If you are doing what you claim, why are you on a public forum bragging about it? What's the point?

MustacheOperator3
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:01 pm

Shadow Scout wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:47 pm
MustacheOperator3 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:46 pm
Just make sure nobody burns themselves out! Its great...because most people here have a true love and passion for operating. But it really gets lucrative when you start pulling down hundreds or thousands of dollars in loot/cash/drugs/whatever

Although NO doesn't pay my bills, it does give me a buttload of disposable assets and dark money to use on whatever the heart desires :D
You really sound like an online LARPer. Maybe you aren't, but you definitely trigger my bullshit detectors. If you are doing what you claim, why are you on a public forum bragging about it? What's the point?
Its simple, really.

My ethos comes from humble beginnings as a hacker. Information isn't supposed to be hidden, or secretly squirreled away like the powers that be do. It is supposed to be freely shared among like minded individuals. Unfortunately, OPSEC dictates I maintain a level of deniability.

Frankly, I share these exploits because there is nothing anyone can do about it. I access this site using a dedicated PC, over TOR, on a WiFi connection that isn't associated with me in any way. I am unaccountable. :P

The relevant authorities are quite aware of (some/most of) these crimes.

For what its worth, the gist of every thing I have told you guys is true. I have changed minor irrelevant details in order to mislead or otherwise protect myself. But, its a big country. I could be any one of ~350,000,000 individuals.

And now, your turn. Exactly what have I shared that is impossible? What logical leap must you take to believe it? I walk you through each operation step by step, with a similar target you could even repeat many of the steps to find out exactly how well these tactics work. What you consider advanced is another day for me. Sure, I have a few expensive toys (mostly guns) and electronics. Big deal? You can build, buy or steal any of this stuff yourself.

I personally don't care whether you or anybody else believes me... although I can't imagine why it would be difficult to believe. You really don't think people are out there pulling jobs on a daily basis? They are. Maybe not all operating smartly, but that's their loss and my gain. Besides, sharing information is fun, much like the early days of the wild wild web frontier, when hackers like me posted our exploits for the rest of our community to see and learn from. I'll let my operational knowledge, provable statements (on technology, tactics, etc) speak for themselves. Wherever possible (OPSEC), I've even included pictures. Run a Google Image search on the photos I've shared. You'll see they are original and don't exist anywhere else on the Internet. I sure as shit can't share any of this with people I know.

You want to see my kit laid out with your account name written by it or something? I'd be willing to indulge your disbelief, provided it doesn't compromise operational security or plausible deniability. Believe what you want, but I assure you I'm quite genuine. In fact, there's quite a few things I haven't told you guys and probably never will. Some of those successes are skill and some are downright luck. But totally real all the same.

One final thought. Despite the assertions by some here that I'm somehow "advanced" I am actually here to learn. That includes learning from you. To share, to teach, and to learn. A good operator is never a know-it-all. Other operators, including those starting out, always have their own hard-won knowledge base that you can learn from or build upon.

Nightstalker 1
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Location: In your shadow. I'm always near.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:06 pm

Thanks for the tips MustacheOperator! I really think its good advice for me.

I'm planning an op pretty soon and all these tips help me fill up holes in the plan.


P.S. since I don't have access to normal masks, what do u think bout these?

https://frugalfun4boys.com/how-to-turn- ... or-sewing/
The Night is my ally-The Nightstalker

MustacheOperator3
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Nightstalker 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:06 pm
Thanks for the tips MustacheOperator! I really think its good advice for me.

I'm planning an op pretty soon and all these tips help me fill up holes in the plan.


P.S. since I don't have access to normal masks, what do u think bout these?

https://frugalfun4boys.com/how-to-turn- ... or-sewing/
I think it is great man. I've used plenty of improvised tools, sometimes they are just as good as the commercial equivalent! As long as it covers your facial features, it will work. Of course they can track you by other characteristics, like gait or the mechanics of your movement..but that is not very likely unless you really kick the hornet's nest :D Honestly, a lot of stealth pros recommend a slight bend at the knee/crouch when moving anyhow, which will go a long way at throwing off gait-type analyses

Still to this day, one of my favorite "masks" is a T-shirt in urban camo that I wrap in a similar fashion just below my safety glasses. Urban camo is junk in an urban environment, but during this time of the year with snow on the ground it is not half bad.

I am trying to figure out how I can securely send you an Amazon gift card. Do they issue numbers only? I will search now. A personal favorite of mine is the Blackhawk brand Nomex mask. It is light and thin, but distorts facial features similar to nylon stockings and has the added benefit of being fire resistant. I believe they also make a similar product in Kryptek Yeti, which is a snow-type camo

Nightstalker 1
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Location: In your shadow. I'm always near.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:30 pm

Well I don't think that's wise the gift card cause I have to deal with lots of issues and parents.
The Night is my ally-The Nightstalker

User avatar
Xanatos
Moderator
Posts: 2523
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:51 am
Location: The last place you look.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:34 pm

Nightstalker 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:06 pm
P.S. since I don't have access to normal masks, what do u think bout these?

https://frugalfun4boys.com/how-to-turn- ... or-sewing/
I've used the t-shirt method on many ops. Works as good as any balaclava equivalent.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

MustacheOperator3
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:35 pm

Shadow Scout wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:47 pm
MustacheOperator3 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:46 pm
Just make sure nobody burns themselves out! Its great...because most people here have a true love and passion for operating. But it really gets lucrative when you start pulling down hundreds or thousands of dollars in loot/cash/drugs/whatever

Although NO doesn't pay my bills, it does give me a buttload of disposable assets and dark money to use on whatever the heart desires :D
You really sound like an online LARPer. Maybe you aren't, but you definitely trigger my bullshit detectors. If you are doing what you claim, why are you on a public forum bragging about it? What's the point?
I apologize for snapping at you.

I am not upset that you doubt me, but rather that you also doubt your own abilities by implication. Your disbelief says to me that you don't think you could ever take your operations to the next level and I will be the first to say you are wrong. Because I believe in you, and each and every person here.

It isn't about the kit. Or money. Or ability. Or even age. Whatever you think of me, the only difference between us is my realization that we have no limits. Only obstacles and challenges to overcome. Nothing is impossible, even if you're operating with a very limited budget. Buy what you can. Build what you can't buy. And steal what you can't build. The dismal state of security is omnipresent in this country and I suspect it isn't any different elsewhere. The human mind and body is a sophisticated weapon, and is capable of so much.

Tools are just tools. Whether you have fancy toys or not, the tools never make the operator. You fail 100% of the missions you never attempt.

MustacheOperator3
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:36 pm

Nightstalker 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:30 pm
Well I don't think that's wise the gift card cause I have to deal with lots of issues and parents.
Ah, no worries! Probably smart. :D

The shirt method will work just fine

Nightstalker 1
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Location: In your shadow. I'm always near.
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Nightstalker 1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:44 pm

Good :D
The Night is my ally-The Nightstalker

User avatar
Shadow Scout
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by Shadow Scout » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 pm

MustacheOperator3 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:35 pm
I apologize for snapping at you.

I am not upset that you doubt me, but rather that you also doubt your own abilities by implication. Your disbelief says to me that you don't think you could ever take your operations to the next level and I will be the first to say you are wrong. Because I believe in you, and each and every person here.

It isn't about the kit. Or money. Or ability. Or even age. Whatever you think of me, the only difference between us is my realization that we have no limits. Only obstacles and challenges to overcome. Nothing is impossible, even if you're operating with a very limited budget. Buy what you can. Build what you can't buy. And steal what you can't build. The dismal state of security is omnipresent in this country and I suspect it isn't any different elsewhere. The human mind and body is a sophisticated weapon, and is capable of so much.

Tools are just tools. Whether you have fancy toys or not, the tools never make the operator. You fail 100% of the missions you never attempt.
What I’m getting from your responses is that you’re a bit of a nut. You commit crimes the government knows about, like to brag about it on a public forum for no practical reason, have some weird idealistic beliefs about what you’re doing, worry about total strangers’ skill levels, talk about yourself like you’re a character in a Mission Impossible movie, and think you’re invincible. Sounds like a guy with some delusions (or a good drug supply) to me, but whatever. Doesn’t matter, and no need to apologize. Crazy people make the world go round.

MustacheOperator3
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Tips for Beginners

Post by MustacheOperator3 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:54 pm

Shadow Scout wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 pm
MustacheOperator3 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:35 pm
I apologize for snapping at you.

I am not upset that you doubt me, but rather that you also doubt your own abilities by implication. Your disbelief says to me that you don't think you could ever take your operations to the next level and I will be the first to say you are wrong. Because I believe in you, and each and every person here.

It isn't about the kit. Or money. Or ability. Or even age. Whatever you think of me, the only difference between us is my realization that we have no limits. Only obstacles and challenges to overcome. Nothing is impossible, even if you're operating with a very limited budget. Buy what you can. Build what you can't buy. And steal what you can't build. The dismal state of security is omnipresent in this country and I suspect it isn't any different elsewhere. The human mind and body is a sophisticated weapon, and is capable of so much.

Tools are just tools. Whether you have fancy toys or not, the tools never make the operator. You fail 100% of the missions you never attempt.
What I’m getting from your responses is that you’re a bit of a nut. You commit crimes the government knows about, like to brag about it on a public forum for no practical reason, have some weird idealistic beliefs about what you’re doing, worry about total strangers’ skill levels, talk about yourself like you’re a character in a Mission Impossible movie, and think you’re invincible. Sounds like a guy with some delusions (or a good drug supply) to me, but whatever. Doesn’t matter, and no need to apologize. Crazy people make the world go round.
Cool story bro. :)

Post Reply