My new purchase; SRT/Climbing kit

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Illusion

My new purchase; SRT/Climbing kit

Post by Illusion » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:06 pm

I've just purchased something I've been threatening to do for over a year now! (As Psychlonic will know, I said this was coming a long long time ago!) I've got a basic SRT kit - despite being basic, it will provide enough extra resources to change a lot of my access/entry methods.

- Petzl Torse - Shoulder straps
- Petzl Avanti - Harness

- Petzl Croll - Ascender
- Petzl Basic - Ascender

- Petzl Stop - Descender (Blue)

- Semi-Circular 10mm Mallion Rapide
- 7mm Standard Mallion Rapide with Footloop/Security Loop
- 10mm Dynamic Cows Tails /w Snapgate Carabiners

[[ http://www.inglesport.com/shop/product/ ... d-SRT-Kit/ ]]

Now as this is an off the shelf Single Rope Technique (SRT) kit, so it's not going to exactly be "tacti-cool" - lots of red, exposed metallic surfaces etc As an interesting side-note though, the Petzl Stop Descender is also available in black if you shop around.

Within the next few days I'll most likely be purchasing around 35 or 50 meters of static rope too.

Once I've got the kit I'll post a few pictures up here. What I'm interested in though, would anyone like to have a write up in the techniques section? I have quite a few resources relating to climbing and ropework, and would be more than happy to post them up - along with a progress dairy as I get to grips with it.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

CokeCanNinja

Re: My new purchase; SRT/Climbing kit

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Cool. I guess it's time to break out the spray paint to get rid of those red places!!!!

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 pm

CokeCanNinja wrote:Cool. I guess it's time to break out the spray paint to get rid of those red places!!!!
haha, Yeah - I might look into re-dying them or something. Or checking whether spraypaint damages anything. That said - most of the situations I'd be using it in, a lot of camo and concealment will go out the window; not many ways to hide someone running down the side of a building :P

I'll post an outline of my training plan in a bit.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 am

That's true, but people usually don't look up.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:27 am

DSC_0221.JPG
Arrived and checked!

Here's a pic, getting together some form of training plan atm.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:36 am

Sharp set-up. Looks like fun waiting to happen. 8) Congrats on finally getting it.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

The Atomic Fishy

as a word of warning

Post by The Atomic Fishy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 am

as a part time rope rescue member i will say awesome buy.

However as a Warning in your quest to black out your equipment
DO NOT!!! get spray paint, marker, detergents, or anything not marked Rope or webbing safe anywere near it. i can weaken it.

on another note though awesome buy
if you want send me a PM and i will post what rope rescue resources and manuals i have they can be a great read and really increase what you can do with rope.
in a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society.
NO hobo codes-http://no.surgen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=6527#p6527
Op tag: ATOMFIS