favorite websites.

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Mr. Happy

favorite websites.

Post by Mr. Happy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:24 am

Last edited by Mr. Happy on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blue_Social

Re: favorite gear sites

Post by Blue_Social » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Nice sites!
May look into some of these.
"Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyways. Oh well, you might as well make your life as enjoyable as possible." ~Anonymous

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:15 am

I hate shopping online, need to get a paypal account or something. But with the new laws in Australia it's going to be hard getting anything useful into the country.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks, good sites.

brute4ce

Post by brute4ce » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Xanatos wrote:I hate shopping online, need to get a paypal account or something. But with the new laws in Australia it's going to be hard getting anything useful into the country.
im also in australia. where do u get ur gear and what type of stuff u got?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:26 pm

I mainly get my gear from army surplus stores. They're expensive, but the quality is unbeatable. The only pieces of gear I bought online were my nightvision goggles (seen limited use) and my lockpicks.

Check the Gear Pics thread for a full list of my kit.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Xanatos wrote:I mainly get my gear from army surplus stores. They're expensive, but the quality is unbeatable.
Me too, but now I stopped because I have only 20 euros left in my wallet... :P
Man, I can't forget the emotion of dissapointement I felt that day I saw those INCREDIBLE kevlar gloves and I looked at the prise.... : 100 euros. And I had only 50 with me... Seriously, when I get 100 euros I'll go and buy them...

Concerning the sites, unfortunately I can't order nothing because I dont have a card. So i will have to take my parents'. And what the hell will i be supposed to anwser when they'll ask me: "X, why do you want that lockpick set?" I guess I'll just have to wait until I get 18... and live alone!!!
Last edited by kunoichi on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :P
Society gets the kind of vandalism it deserves.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:49 am

kunoichi1995 wrote:Man, I can't forget the emotion of dissapointement I felt that day I saw those INCREDIBLE kevlar gloves and I looked at the prise.... : 100 euros. And I had only 50 with me... Seriously, when I get 100 euros I'll go and buy them...
100 euro's for kevlar gloves? holy balls.

Personally, I get most of my gear in local surplus stores, usually the bigger the store, the better! I've found full chest rigs for only 20 euro's, extra parts like webbing and clips, clothing, goggles. The more they have and the more of it, usually the cheaper stuff gets because they buy in bulk.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 am

www.sportsmansguide.com/ seems to have the most consistently great deals and has a wide variety of equipment. Cheaper Than Dirt is alright, too.

Like Captain Winky, I get most of my operation gear in person from stores and the rare yard sale that's selling more than old dishes and kid clothes. Admittedly I've shifted away from surplus stores since while military equipment is good, it's also heavier than it needs to be even given it's ruggedness and generally is too inefficient for my tastes.

On gloves, I wear very thin leather/nomex flight gloves that give me so dexterity and are so thin I can actually operate my laptop's touchpad with them on. If the going is rough I'll toss on heavier leather shells over them until I need the dexterity. They're also very grippy.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Mr. Happy

Re: favorite websites.

Post by Mr. Happy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am

http://thedisease.net/

good resources

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 am

http://www.ninjainformationdatabase.com/

Also good resources, for the 'traditional/oldschool' opper.

And probably the two most useful websites on the internet:
http://www.google.com/
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org.wiki.Main_page[/url]

theconfusedone

Post by theconfusedone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:05 pm

What WAS the disease? I never got to go on it and it seems to be disabled...
Also, opsgear is my personal favorite gear site
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:19 pm

theconfusedone wrote:What WAS the disease? I never got to go on it and it seems to be disabled...
Also, opsgear is my personal favorite gear site
It was a database of multiple books and text files regarding some 'extreme' information, bomb-making, nighttime operations, how to handle firearms, fighting manuals or document clippings of some military fighting techniques. Next to that it also had exploded diagrams of a few firearms.

Next to that, it had the hilarious 'ask uncle ruiner'.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Ysidro

Post by Ysidro » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:57 pm

It is a shame that the disease is not functioning. While there were plenty of outdated articles, there were also some interesting reads. And, as Cpt. Winky pointed out, uncle ruiner was pretty funny.
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin