Epic shoes

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
CokeCanNinja

Epic shoes

Post by CokeCanNinja » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:49 pm

There are the bomb: http://www.ayyawear.com/store/footwear/ ... rkour-tabi

That's right. Parkour Tabi. EPIC!!!! Look around the rest of their site too, they have some cool stuff.

Xanatos

Re: Epic shoes

Post by Xanatos » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:38 am

Christ they're expensive...
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:43 am

Xanatos wrote:Christ they're expensive...
Yeah, the leather ones cost a bit over $200. But these aren't mass produced. Made to order.

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:54 pm

They are freaking epic, but expensive..:/
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :P
Society gets the kind of vandalism it deserves.

Blue_Social

Post by Blue_Social » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:59 pm

/want!
I'm poor so I'm going to have to rob someone before I can get these. :)
*Considering plans*
"Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyways. Oh well, you might as well make your life as enjoyable as possible." ~Anonymous

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:26 pm

It's not like they are $5,000. The model I want costs ~$200, I could get these in two weeks.

Blue_Social

Post by Blue_Social » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:48 pm

CokeCanNinja wrote:It's not like they are $5,000. The model I want costs ~$200, I could get these in two weeks.
Well I'm going to be starting my first job this year. So maybe I can get my money then......
"Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyways. Oh well, you might as well make your life as enjoyable as possible." ~Anonymous

s1ck

Post by s1ck » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:48 am

Wow, those shoes are pretty uh.. *cough* ugly *cough*

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:19 pm

s1ck wrote:Wow, those shoes are pretty uh.. *cough* ugly *cough*
If you think they are ugly, get them in leather with the black snake pattern.

goodoldrascal

Post by goodoldrascal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 am

wow those are nice. it's been five minutes since registering, three minutes since a first a rather hasty post, and I've found the answer to a question ive been asking for three mnths and the same question mentioned in my last post. I am going to stick to more reading than posting for my first bit. just wanted to say this kicks ass, and i am just a little bit humbled. you are worthy (-) (-)
=

GothicNiNjA

Post by GothicNiNjA » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:59 am

Hi everone, it's been a long time since ive been on here :shock: but I'll probably be on here more often again :mrgreen: but that site is pretty damn cool, lots of nice tabi (although have to agree a bit spendy, looks well worth it though if they fit almost perfect) lots of different choices too which is nice, im especially glad to see thats theres no velcro :x i got a kind of cheap pair as a gift a few years back that had it and it was terrible, it was kind of like an inflexible sock with a thin rubber sole glue to the bottom, and the velcro was mis-aligned so it just altogether sucked, but being the gentlemen that i am i wore them out, but had waraji styled ropework wrapped on it to compensate for the lack of...well everything, oh ya and had thick gel based insoles.
Chaos is Beauty

Kikikachee

Post by Kikikachee » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:54 am

If anyone is looking for affordable shoes I'd suggest Onitsuka Tigers Ultimate 81's: http://www.asicsamerica.com/onitsukatig ... N201-1191/

The sole is extremely thin at the toes, and gets thicker towards the heel. You can roll these up in your hand- it's the perfect combination of padding, support, and flexibility. Most of the top of the shoe is mesh, so it's very breathable and I've never had my feet get uncomfortably hot in them. You can sprint and run silent in these. I use them for parkour because the grip is excellent for wall runs and things like that. I picked them up at Journey's, (shoe store in the U.S.) for about $40 dollars about 7 months ago and I've used them for parkour and night-ops. They've held up great; the design on the outside of the shoe is peeling, but it's still holding together.

II CraftyCommando II

Post by II CraftyCommando II » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:35 am

Cool shoes, a little flashy and they honestly dont seem all to practical for Opping. Durable leather trail shoes or work shoes are where you want to go. They may not seem that cool looking, but theyre only 80 bucks, and a lot more practical. besides... whos looking anyway?
We’re all miserable together.

It’s the opposite of a victimless crime.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:55 am

Work boots do tend to be a little noisy though and aren't that good for climbing since the thick soles don't grip so easily on vertical surfaces. Although for operations in rough terrain or that require heavy footwork they can't be beat.

I typically wear a pair of tabi boots (available at most martial arts stores) although lately I've been wearing diving boots since they're easier to take on/off, are very comfortable (I don't even wear socks with them), are pretty quiet, have loads of grip and are quite flexible. And they don't fall apart as easily as other footwear. Aside from breathability & the split toe, they surpass my tabi in every way.
They can be a bit pricey though.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:16 am

Those shoes gave the mall ninja inside me a raging boner. I've always wanted to get a pair of tabi boots, but price wise i'm leaning more towards the marugo sports jika-tabi.

http://store.japan-zone.com/marugo-sports-p-266.html
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:32 am

Therin the Hand wrote:Those shoes gave the mall ninja inside me a raging boner. I've always wanted to get a pair of tabi boots, but price wise i'm leaning more towards the marugo sports jika-tabi.

http://store.japan-zone.com/marugo-sports-p-266.html
Oh wow. Like combat tabi.. :shock: They're pretty cool.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."