Pop-Its

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
theconfusedone

Pop-Its

Post by theconfusedone » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 pm

I just thought of an idea. You know those little pop its things? They are pea-sized explosives wrapped in paper that is twisted at the top. When you throw them on the ground they make a sound very similar to a large twig snapping. I was thinking that these could be used as a distraction on ops. If there was a guard or civilian that wouldnt move, you could just lob one far away and they would go investigate. Also, they may be able to be used on dogs. I threw a couple of them today, and my dog was deathly afraid of them

What are youre thoughts?
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

theconfusedone

Re: Pop-Its

Post by theconfusedone » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:05 pm

If you dont know what these are, type in "tnt pop-its" on google
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

Anthony Sykes

Post by Anthony Sykes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:04 am

This has been covered relentlessly;

Verdict:

Worthless :(

Ysidro

Post by Ysidro » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Rocks are better: they are everywhere, inconspicuous, and -in my opinion- make a more natural sound when they land. They are also free...
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”
-Ben Franklin

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:28 pm

In addition, those things are somewhat unreliable. Since they don't weigh much it's hard to throw them a significant distance away, and there's no guarantee that they'll actually pop even on a hard surface. If they land on a soft surface you just wasted one. They would also need to be kept in a special carrying case because what if you landed on them or squeezed them during a roll? You're also leaving behind evidence - at the very least that someone was actually there.

I must second the use of simple gravel because the noise can be just as loud or even louder (hit a metal roof) on a hard surface, they can be tossed farther and with less effort, they don't require special carrying equipment, are free, and they're not out of place no matter where they land. They also double as ammunition if you're carrying a slingshot or have any form of throwing device at all - even your belt.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.