Pants?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
buc33s

Pants?

Post by buc33s » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:59 am

What kind of pants should I use to op in? I dont think sweatpants cut it anymore, all my jeans are really light colored, track pants make too much noise, and I dont like BDU's. So what should I wear for pants on opping missions?

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:03 am

In Old Navy, they sell some black-dyed khaki dress pants. I bought a few pairs when i worked in a restaurant because they seemed much more durable than regular dress pants, and they have that waterproof-coating where liquid just beads on the surface for you to brush off instead of soaking in. They worked pretty good as far as being a waiter went, but one night i felt like going out on a spur of the moment type op, but i hadn't washed my BDUs in a while and they were damp, and needed washing bad.

So i ended up going out in a pair of the black khaki pants, and they worked great. the coating on them makes them basically waterproof, the material itself is very comfortable and a lot more silent than the rip-stop material a lot of BDUs are made from today. the dye doesn't fade very much at all, and they're just all around good opping pants if you don't mind having them in one color. I suppose if you lived in a more desert-like area, the straight up khaki ones would be better, but i have only used the black ones myself.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:32 am

BDUs are what I wear. I like the pockets and the durability best. I have tried non BDU camo and its crappy and the patterns don't really work. Also solid blue sweats work when its warler out if you use the not synthetic kind (the ones that don't swish every step you take). But sweats tear up pretty fast.

Valdravulfr

Post by Valdravulfr » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 am

I have the stealthiest pants at the moment, along with breathable, light and warm.

I cut the outer black layer off some old trackpants then dyed the inner brown.

They own.
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."

the_Tracker

Post by the_Tracker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:01 am

You could go for a pair of OD Carhartt cargos. I have a pair myself and love them. Quiet, doesnt attract attention, duarble. Though the cargo pockets are a tad small, but nothing to worry about.
"Everywhere, and before everything, by day and by night, constantly in mind is death."

Legend

Re: Pants?

Post by Legend » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Navy blue, dark gray, or olive drab cargo pants can work.
Who dares wins!

trx100

Re: Pants?

Post by trx100 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:24 pm

I usually wear navy blue skinny jeans. Silent as anything, and they blend in with the shadows perfectly.