Goggles

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Xanatos

Goggles

Post by Xanatos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:06 am

Code: Select all

http://www.bulletproofme.com/new%20download%20images/Wiley-SG-1.jpg
I'm looking for a pair of tactical goggles similar to the ones above.

I managed to explore 2 construction sites on the weekend (was pretty fun, but nothing really worth going into detail about) and after crawling around in a dusty environment your eyes can start to irritate a bit. I tried whiping my eyes with my hand, which was dusty also, so that didn't work out too well. While it was only a minor inconvenience at the time, imagine if you had to remain completely still in order to avoid being detected - not being able to scratch your eyes. It'd drive you insane after a while. I figure a pair of low-profile goggles would be good to wear
whilst on an op: it'd keep dirt out of your eyes, it'd be easier to stay submerged in water, protect your eyes from unseen damage (walking through a cobweb, etc) and, if a guard tries to mace you, at least you can still see. I was thinking of getting a pair of swimming goggles but the concave lens distorts vision unless you're underwater.

Does anyone else wear goggles whilst on an op? Excluding NVGs.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Psychlonic

Re: Goggles

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:03 am

I think the biggest reasons I wouldn't be caught with them are that they ruin peripheral vision, allow less light into the eyes, and create a large reflective surface. If you wanted them for dust, it might be more efficient to just keep them in a pocket until it gets bad, or keep them above your eyes and with some sort of cover so that they don't shine while you're not using them.
But if it's something you want to try, keep those shortcomings in mind and find ways to overcome them.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:19 am

You can get certain goggles with a non-reflective coating, such as those used by soldiers. And I don't think they'd limit your vision that badly.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Psychlonic has hit the disadvantages spot on;

To combat the lack of vision you may want to look at wraparound goggles - as far as I know, thats what the British Army issue when off too sandy places.

Reflectivity is a pain in the ass; but I would assume tactical goggles would take some kind of steps to avoid this.

You may wish to consider how long you'll be wearing them - then think about how uncomfortable they may get! Some people complain about pains in their temples if goggles are too tight and worn for extended periods. I often get slight pains after wearing a headlamp for a while.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:52 am

The vision limitation isn't too bad when you're running around in the daytime, but in low light conditions it makes a huge negative impact. something like that might be good for certain parts of urban ex, but you wouldn't find me opping in them.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Brain

Post by Brain » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Wearing Goggle at night is bad idea, i think.

It will reduce your visionary.

night vision goggles are different issue.
I'll order soon.
Sorry for my bad English, try to understand my posts. Happy to share exp.