Looking for a good hoody to op in?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Ghost

Looking for a good hoody to op in?

Post by Ghost » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:31 am

The first one i stumbled across is like a combination of a zip up hoody and BDU pants. Very handy if you like the feel of a hoody, but are looking for the adaptability and storage ability of a BDU jacket. I haven't tried this one out personally, but it seems like it would get the job done quite nicely if you're looking for a BDU/hoody hybrid.

http://www.beachbums.com/brands/rvca-cl ... black.html

Second hoody i found, i actually have one in the mail to me right now. It's fitted, so no worrying about whether it will snag and catch on shit. I'll post back here as soon as it arrives, and give a more detailed report, but from the reviews i've read it looks like it'll give a good blend of concealment and mobility.

http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/ ... mv_pc=r126
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Illusion

Re: Looking for a good hoody to op in?

Post by Illusion » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:18 am

Someone else who enjoys the feel of BDU pants and a hoodie! :D

I personally use a cheap navy blue hoodie I picked up about 2 years ago, I can't even remember what I bought it for - but it was only meant to serve a purpose for a day. In anycase, its been through some tight scrapes and has usually served me well!

Strangely, one of the only hoodies that I got back from my ex!
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:18 am

Someone else who enjoys the feel of BDU pants and a hoodie! :D

I personally use a cheap navy blue hoodie I picked up about 2 years ago, I can't even remember what I bought it for - but it was only meant to serve a purpose for a day. In anycase, its been through some tight scrapes and has usually served me well!

Strangely, one of the only hoodies that I got back from my ex!
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:22 am

I'm looking for a hoodie around here that actually has a proper hood; all the ones I can find seem to stop at your forehead and slip off when you travel faster than a brisk walk. Has anyone played Assassin's Creed? Altair has an excellent hood. I'd like a hoodie that stays on your head and offers face concealment/sun protection. Or a Ringwraith outfit... either one.
Last edited by Xanatos on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:24 am

Nearly forgot to ask - anyone got one of those slash-resistant kevlar hoodies?

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm with Moddy on this one, I use a cheap black hoody that I got forever ago. It's tougher than I've ever expected and it's warm if it needs to be. The hood is large, but wearing it all the way on will cut my peripheral vision, so I usually juse have it stop at my forehead and let myself see more. I have that huge abdomen pocket on it, I'm thinking of adding flaps and buttons or zippers to make sure things won't fall outta it when I'm moving. Essentially all you need is a dark colored one, warmth is another priority as well depending on where you're located as well.