Your current clothing of choice?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Psychlonic

Your current clothing of choice?

Post by Psychlonic » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Same as usual, here. Subdued urban digital pattern with black boots, gloves, and balaclava.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

stealththief

Re: Your current clothing of choice?

Post by stealththief » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:21 am

Usually woodland bdu or some type of cargo pants plus either a shirt or hoody, it's usually what I'm wearing when the opportunity presents itself. I'm in dark sneakers or watershoes in the summer and sneakers or boots in the winter.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:45 am

Grey long-sleeve, navy blue t-shirt mask, black cotton pants (they're the best!), black & grey gloves and either Ninja tabi or diving shoes.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 am

Subdued urban bdu pants, black fleece top, grey hiking shoes, black balaclava and black cotton gloves.
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

Legend

Post by Legend » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 am

Olive drab long sleeve T-shirt, OD BDU or cargo pants, jungle boots, black balaclava, leather duty gloves. OD is quite versatile in areas with foliage and isn't too dark.
Who dares wins!

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:50 am

I've been considering swapping over to a patterned or just black shemagh now for awhile, simply for the comfort factor. Plus I like the idea of having a little extra material sticking out actually, sometimes when I'm in a pitch black area walking towards even just a barely lit area it creates a glow in my vision making me have to "eclipse" the area with a hand so I can see everything else easier. Annoying, really. A visor made from the excess material would be wonderful.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 am

Black Balaclava
Dark gray Long sleeve t-shirt.
Dark gray cotton pants. These are light, but fragile. Sometime I used subdued urban BDU pants
Usually double layer socks with a normal pair, then dark blue soccer socks.
Black sneakers
Black leather gloves
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Black running shoes (going to give tabi boots a try soon, so possible switch upcoming) black hoodie, black BDU pants, balaclava, fingerless gloves. In the summer months, i switch out the black hoodie for an underarmor shirt.

Sorta kewl looking perhaps, but i use my clothing first to keep me at peak mobility and flexibility, secondly to hold my gear, and thirdly to give me some leeway if i need to be in a lighted environment for a short period of time. The way i see it, if you have to rely on your clothing to conceal you, you're doing it wrong.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:24 am

I say use every single advantage you humanly can in order to blend in! :P

Tried the shemagh, and I'm sticking with balaclavas. Not my thing I guess.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 am

But then i'd be opping in a ghillie suit :P

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:31 am

I know you're not being serious, but I wonder if anyone has actually tried to do that. And I wonder if they even got anywhere near their objective before thinking: "Ok, this isn't such a good idea..."

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 am

To be honest i considered making a suit of my own and then setting up on my lawn over halloween so i could spot any vandals, but i ended up being scheduled to work that night so i gave up on the project. Turned out nothing at all happened that night either, so things worked out well i guess.

I really wouldn't bother with one unless i needed to be concealed for long periods of time in an area with very little natural cover. Even those suits made for stalking, they still look like they'd be a pain in the ass to move through the brush with, let alone anything in a remotely urban environment... you'd end up leaving half the suit stuck behind you on bushes and fenceposts, lol.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:45 am

You should have just gotten one of those big pumpkin trash bags people fill with leaves and set yourself up in random locations to scare the shit out of people haha.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:23 am

Summer/Autumn - Was black combats with a dark t-shirt. Even in the winter I find it hard to wear more than a t-shirt during an op, sometimes I just get too warm.. :/

Autumn/Winter - Well, tonight will be the first op of the really cold weather - so black combats, a casual black shirt, navy blue hoodie (most likely stashed in my bag to protect my SLR (camera, not a rifle :P)) and a black gore-tex. (See the other thread about that!)

Usual footwear is magnum tactical boots, although black trainers are comfy and maybe of use soon.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."