USB Flashdrive?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Ghost

USB Flashdrive?

Post by Ghost » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:22 pm

I remember this topic came up once before, but i'm just wondering how many people here have brought a flashdrive with them on ops? If so, what kind of programs do you throw on it? That USB hacksaw looked pretty cool, but i've always wondered what other programs our tech-savvy oppers bring along when they think they might discover a computer.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

killdozer

Re: USB Flashdrive?

Post by killdozer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 pm

I have a U3 enabled drive that I modded to have a program called USB switchblade run on. The payload auto runs (it pretty much replaces the U3 software with tools). It dumps computer info and stuff onto the drive along with firefox saved passwords and installs USB hacksaw and some other stuff too. If you want I can find the copypasta tutorial for you.
----------------------------------------------------
Life bytes with a variety of sizes of teeth
(previously evil_0ne)
A.K.A porschenazi (tM)
R.I.P. Totse
-----------------------------------------------------

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm

-cleaned-
Last edited by Psychlonic on Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 am

I keep meaning to set my 2gb cheap ass USB pen drive up like this...

1gb partition - Linux distro, not sure which yet..
512mb partition - FAT32, readable by any OS and writable by any OS...
512mb - FAT32, Full of security tools, forensic investigation tools, useful scripts etc..

When I was busted at the power station though, I did learn a lot. One of the lessons was not to have anything on me I didn't need. I had 3 USB pen drives confiscated that day - and the documents on them were very scary indeed. In my circumstances however, they searched my house and took the laptop and other equipment.. so I'd have been fucked anyway! Worth bearing in mind if you're doing something a little bigger..
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

Illusion

Post by Illusion » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Bump for COFFE -
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... cofee-leak

Its not that amazing, officially only supports WinXP but appears to have functionality for Win2k, Win2k3, WinXP and WinVista. (I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say Win7 will be supported under Vista due to the similarities of the OS)

Its available off of TPB and others; just make sure you get the "Fixed" version.

To be honest, I would go for other options - as this really isn't anything amazing. However, it may be worth looking at if you want to take a "snapshot" of a running system to determine what its running, and perhaps look at exploiting it remotely.
"I'm not worried about this because I am too strong, too good, too intelligent, but I want to say to the others 'don't follow the stupid'."

preistpower

Post by preistpower » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:15 am

I carry around a 8 gigabyte usb at the moment but, If I had a working one I recommend using a micro sd card and the card reader ( can buy them for like $0.01 to $1 ). They work just like a usb but, are so much easier to ditch if needed.

If your curious what to keep on one, try setting up a RAT ( Remote Assistance Tool ) or a Istealer server ( steals passwords from firefox Iexplorer IM programs etc ) Or just a basic Keylogger.

If you want to hide the usb, some knives unscrew and like my survival one had fishing line and some matches in the handle, its a great place to hide a micro sd card with its reader.

They usually cost are $13-$20 depending on where you but the micro sd card. A normal 2 gigabyte USB is around $9-$12 as well.

I hope this helped you out some on deciding what to bring.

V--

Post by V-- » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:26 pm

4GB USB with Linux Mint on it.
I've also got a RAT stored in Mint, so I can simply copy/paste it into Windows.
Booting from USB allows me to create a backdoor into every Windows XP and any version above it.
For Windows 98 or lower, there's a very nice trick to bypass the loginscreen with a build in "exploit".
Nobody "should" use 98 anymore, so it's as good as worthless, though.
If anyone is interested, I'll share the XP and up backdoor.

V--
"Thou shall not steal; the government does not accept competition."

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:36 pm

What's the backdoor?

V--

Post by V-- » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm

1 person who asked, never replied after posting this.
No one else seems interested in it.
Backdoor removed again.

V--
"Thou shall not steal; the government does not accept competition."