Masks?

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Dethkreep

Masks?

Post by Dethkreep » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:50 am

I recently bought a neoprene woodland marpat facemask, and I hate it. I can't breathe out of it whatsoever, it slides off my head and I cant hear shit out of it.

I've managed to fix it somewhat. Wearing a beanie hat as well as the mask, kind of transfers the pressure off the bridge of my nose back up to the forehead making it a lot easier to breath and hold on my head. I'm going to cut holes in the mouth area cuz it's still really bad for breathing. And I'm cutting holes in the ear area because hearing is terrible through that stuff.

The Neoprene facemask was a waste of 13 bucks =\. I'm gonna try and make it work but I don't really care that much anymore, and I'd rather invest in something easier to use.

So I made this thread, what do you guys use to cover your faces? Last time I used a grey scarf and black beanie. The scarf slid off my face alot though =\. I'm thinking of going back to a ski-mask but that makes me feel like a criminal.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

stealththief

Re: Masks?

Post by stealththief » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:18 am

I usually wear a black or camouflage jumbo bandanna. It's breathable and light, not the best for winter but it's really versatile. With two the whole head is covered and hearing isn't really hindered.
When it's colder I usually have a beanie and an neck warmer or a scarf. The neck warmer is great because although it isn't the most breathable it'll make your face warm and you can pull it down without having it get all loose if you need to take in a lot of air or sneeze or something.
Another thing I use (but much less often) is a sniper veil I have. It's woodland camouflage mesh, I usually just put the whole thing on my head and look through it (it's mesh after all). If I'm not using it to cover my entire head I couple it with a hat or hood and have it on the lower half of my face.
A hood is great with any lower face covering really, as long as you have it a bit tight or pulled back a little so you don't block your peripheral vision.
Just try out different stuff until you find something you like, there's t-shirt ninja and plain dark cloth also but I don't use them too often.

Borninshadows

Post by Borninshadows » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:25 pm

I either go Zukin or Sniper Veil, although I prefer the veil
Legal Disclaimer: Everything I have written in the above post is most definitely hypothetical or written by a totally bored person

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:58 am

I just use a t-shirt mask. If I have to enter a public area I just undo the knot at the back & slip it over. Nice and easy.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.