Ops kit.

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Valdravulfr

Ops kit.

Post by Valdravulfr » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 am

Knife
Maglight
Compact mirror
Lockpicks

What else would be useful?
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:44 pm

I guess my "standard" opping kit would be my knife, maglite, and lockpicks. I'd say i have all of these with me around 9/10ths of the time. Most of my other gear and clothing is op specific - any supplemental tools really just depend on what i might need, although some people like to bring a multitool in exchange for the knife.

Bottom line though, try to travel as light as possible. anything beyond your basics can usually be improvised, unless it's some sort of special circumstance you need to accommodate for.
"A man's greatest treasures are his illusions."

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:03 pm

That's all you really need, the mirror and picks are optional, you can probably go out with just a knife. Other gear depends on the situation, like a grappling hook for a flat wall or a small laser to see how far stuff is.

Valdravulfr

Post by Valdravulfr » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:27 am

That was pretty much my standard too. This is a good compact kit. A survival kit would be good too.
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."

GothicNiNjA

Post by GothicNiNjA » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:04 am

i have the usual knife, lockpicks, lightsource(usually a head lamp from energizer that has 2 white light settings and one red one, LED of course) but i always have a multitool thats designed to go into your wallet, its from toollogic, its the size of 4 credit cards and has several different little useful tools on it
Chaos is Beauty

Xanatos

Re: Ops kit.

Post by Xanatos » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:09 am

My standard kit consists of: Navy-blue t-shirt mask, grey long-sleeve shirt, black cotton pants, Ninja-tabi boots, grey & black rubber gloves, lockpicks, metsu-bishi, Smith & Wesson HRT9B boot knife, Swiss card, multitool, garrotte, monocular and belt pouches.

If the mission requires: Night vision goggles, 15m nylon rope with 2 carabiners, tetsu-bishi, diving shoes (easier to take off than tabi boots), smoke bomb(s), lighter, darts (thrown) and blowgun.

If needed I'll wear camo clothing instead of urban.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.