Clothing Color

Tools and equipment to get the job done.

Your color preference

Navy/Dark Blue
10%
Black
45%
Grey/Dark Grey
45%
Red/Dark Red
No votes

Total votes: 20

sheekel

Clothing Color

Post by sheekel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:17 pm

I've heard about benefits of wearing black, navy, dark grey, red, and others, based on what kind of environment you're opping in. What color do you wear most, and why?

Valdravulfr

Post by Valdravulfr » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:03 am

Dark grey. I usually do stuff in urban areas. Though im trying to "clone" the colour of my jungle boots on to some robes (green/black)
Valdravulfr (Me) -"One who is not at one with himself, is not at one with nature."
Valdravulfr (Me) -"Around lots of eyes, it is easier to go seen but unsuspected, than not seen at all."

stealththief

Post by stealththief » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm

I personally ware more black than anything else. At first I used mostly dark blue, because of the good blending ability, but I thought about being lit up and still remaining invisible and that only works with camouflage and colors that are likely to fit into the background (and as I learned that red or dark blue aren't often background colors).

darktorn

Post by darktorn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:28 pm

All-black for most ops except rural areas that mix woodland and housing estates, then I use black top and subdued urban digital bdus.
"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

Dethkreep

Post by Dethkreep » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Dark "Slate" Grey pants w/ Woodland Camo longsleeve is my current getup. I also where a black ski mask. I voted dark grey.
"They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead."
-Gollum

SOPIT

Post by SOPIT » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:05 am

Definately grey it fits cement, tree trunks , many different metals, and as far as being compared to the other options when you wear crimson your depending on the weather/atmospheric properties to be right to allow the laws of the electromagnetic spectrum. As far as navy goes its a little better because it has a shorter wae length but a gain one miscalculation in the weather/moon phases and you can easily find yourself spotted. As far as black goes its better than alot of other colors however there are very few things that are true black thus making you rely more on shadows for your concealment which in turn ca get you tied up and taking longer.